Complaint Review: Citifinancial Retail Services, Aka, Citifinancial Inc.

• Submitted: Sun, April 06, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, April 06, 2008

• Reported By:Santa Rosa California
Citifinancial Retail Services, Aka, Citifinancial Inc.
3250 N. Tenaya Way, #109 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Citifinancial Retail Services, Aka, Citifinancial, Inc. Fraudulant Late Fee Applied to Shifting Billing Due Date The Lake, Las Vegas Nevada

My complaint concerns the shadowy billing practices by Citifinancial Retail Services, aka, Citifinancial, Inc. and the office doing business in The Lakes, Las Vegas, NV. My account with this company is new and was begun in November, 2007 when I purchased a bed from Sleep Train in Santa Rosa, CA.

Along about the 3rd billing statement, I saw that Citifinancial had moved my payment due date back about 10 days. I called the company's 1-800 shown on the front of my statement and spoke to a rep.

The rep agreed to move my payment date forward again 10 days so that I could remit payment in a timely fashion.

When my new statement came, it showed a late fee of $39.00. I had not been late with my payment and I had already spoken to a rep.

I called the company again and this time, the rep I spoke to was rude, abusive and hostile. I managed to state my complaint and that I was contacting the Better Business Bureau and Consumer Reports.

The rep kept interrupting me. I said that discussion was impossible and I was hanging up the phone.

This customer service company is exhibiting a frequently ruthless ploy used by other shady finance companies, namely, Bank One, who eventually was bought out. But before Bank One was gone, there were over 500 ripoff reports made on the Net regarding their similar practices.

It is by airing these dishonest methods that creepy companies can be stopped. But only if people stand up for their rights.

Barbara
Santa Rosa, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2008 02:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citifinancial-Retail-Services-Aka-Citifinancial-Inc/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89129/Citifinancial-Retail-Services-Aka-Citifinancial-Inc-Fraudulant-Late-Fee-Applied-to-Shi-324099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citifinancial Retail Services, Aka, Citifinancial Inc.

expenditures