Complaint Review: Citifinancial Retail Services - Rooms To Go

• Submitted: Wed, November 21, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, November 21, 2007

• Reported By:Augusta Georgia
Citifinancial Retail Services - Rooms To Go
citifinancialretailservices.com Macon, Georgia U.S.A.

Citifinancial - Rooms To Go - Citifinancial Retail Services (Rooms To Go) Payments keyed in late/wrong **REPEATEDLY** causing customer frustration Macon Georgia

Let me preficit this by saying that I understand mistakes do happen every now and then. But not only have I had repeated problems with Citifinancial's billing office, I've been threatened with "the late fees" and "high interest rates" time and time again over mistakes that have NOTHING to do with an error on my part.

The most recent incident occured when I made an early payment of $71 that somehow got keyed in as $11. Fortunately I monitor my bank account activity via the internet and noticed this error. I immediately contacted Citifianacial and explained my situation. After being referred to 3 different branch offices, I finally got in touch with someone who could assist me. She advised me to send another check for the remaining $60 or make a payment over the phone for an additional $15 handling fee to avoild late charges to my account (I'm on a payment plan through Rooms To Go and pay a number of equal payments interest-free as long as my payments are made on time and for the correct amount). Well, I've obtained a copy of the check from my bank and sure enough it is for $71...but somehow if the remaining balance isn't paid by the 25th, then my account will be charged a late fee of $35, plus they'll tack on an interest rate exceeding 20%?!! -This coming from the Citifinancial rep I spoke with over the phone.

I finally had to get nasty and demand to speak with a manager, but was informed that all branch managers were in a meeting and could get back to me somewhere in a 24 hour time-frame. I hit the roof and guess what? The rep was able to waive any future late fees associated with this matter, put a notation on the account, etc. But, we'll see if anything changes. Judging by my past encounters with this company, my account will probably show a default in payment and then I'll have to go through this process yet again. This is the WORST company I've ever dealt with and I will not be dealing with these guys ever again.

Gapeach123
Augusta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2007 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citifinancial-Retail-Services-Rooms-To-Go/Macon-Georgia/Citifinancial-Rooms-To-Go-Citifinancial-Retail-Services-Rooms-To-Go-Payments-keyed-i-285956. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citifinancial Retail Services - Rooms To Go

shear