Complaint Review: Citifinancial Retail Services

• Submitted: Tue, April 14, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, April 14, 2009

• Reported By:Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Citifinancial Retail Services
CitiFinancial Retail Services Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

Citifinancial Retail Services Charged accured Finance charges even after recieving balance in full. Columbus Ohio

I had 0% promotional APR for 90 days purchasing furniture from Roomful Express - this was financed through CitiFinancial. I promptly made all payments as soon as I would receive the statements. My first two payments were posted fine except the last one was somehow delayed by 3 days after the promotional period had expired and I got hit by the accrued finance charges (balloon payment). I spoke with representative who was bit rude kept saying that I broke the contract by mailing the payment after the promotional period had expired. I politely asked him to have me speak with the supervisor, she was nice to drop finance charges by 40% but refuse to do anything else.

The last statement suggested that I should have allowed 10 business days to reach payment before the promotional period expires. However, I received the statement on 03/13/09 and my promotional date was 03/21/09 - They did not even give me 10 day time buffer to mail out my check.

Anyways, I have mailed them the payout amount today with USPS priority mail with signature confirmation. So they stop accruing any additional charges, but I am still planning to write to their dispute department. Reading several other posts on this site shows that this is nothing unusual for them. This seems like their tactic to trap consumers.

Farooq
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2009 09:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citifinancial-Retail-Services/Columbus-Ohio-183041/Citifinancial-Retail-Services-Charged-accured-Finance-charges-even-after-recieving-balance-443643. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citifinancial Retail Services