Complaint Review: Citifinancial Retail Services

• Submitted: Thu, September 28, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, September 28, 2006

• Reported By:League City Texas
Citifinancial Retail Services
1500 Bolton Field St Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-643-5607
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Citifinancial Retail Services Delayed Bill Payment Posting Resulting in Late Charges Ripoff Columbus Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Suggestion for Donna

After reading many of the "rip off" reports regarding Citifinancial, I was somewhat relieved to see, that I wasn't the only consumer with an issue. On many occasions in the last year, when mailing my payment "regular mail" (at least 10 days in advance), I would be assessed a late charge. This company has no reasonable way of making a payment, in which you can have a level of comfort in knowing it was received on time. There is no "online" payment availability, and a phone payment costs you an excessive $12.00 (unheard of in our day and time). Even though it's cheaper than their $30.00 late charge, why should I as a consumer, who makes my payment on time, be forced to pay an additional $12.00 to be guaranteed someone is doing their job properly? I have since resorted to making sure I send all of my payments "certified mail w/return receipt". Using the option of buying furniture using this company has been a learning experience. I have two separate charge balances on my statement that are merged into one monthly payment. Even with very detailed instructions, it's difficult to get Citifinancial to post additional principal to the lower balanced account in order to get it paid in full. They insist on splitting the additional principal between the two balances. It takes an act of congress to get an associate on the phone and have the funds applied appropriately. I sincerely feel that the business management module for this organization comes from the top. I sense a unethical "work culture" when I have to call customer service on any issue. An occasional unethical employee is one thing - but an entire culture of people acting this way - is a group of people doing what they are unethically guided to do to keep their jobs. My lesson learned, and advice to anyone enticed by "pay no interest" scams - - steer clear - - save the cash for what you want, and save yourself the frustration of dealing with a totally unethical company like Citifinancial Retail Services!

Donna
League City, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2006 08:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citifinancial-Retail-Services/Columbus-Ohio-43228/Citifinancial-Retail-Services-Delayed-Bill-Payment-Posting-Resulting-in-Late-Charges-Ripof-213157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citifinancial Retail Services

Suggestion for Donna

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

What you might want to do is set up Bill Payment at your own bank or credit union. Once set up, you can make your payment at your convenience and the system will tell you exactly when it will be in the hands of the payee. Makes it tough for them to claim they didn't get it.

Additionally, at my credit union, the Bill Pay systems guarentees that if I make the payment on time, and it arrives late, they will make good on any fees incurred, and contact the payee and take blame.

Finally, it's free. How can you beat that?