interference

• Submitted: Wed, August 24, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, August 24, 2005

• Reported By:Jefferson City Missouri
Citifinancial Retail Services
Po Box 22066 Tempe, Arizona U.S.A.

Citifinancial Retail Services ripoff invaild charges, harshment, changing due dates Tempe Arizona

I have had many problems with Citifinancial Retail Services. My first problem started a couple of months ago when I would receive a bill and the would be a 34.00 late charge on it when I would send the payment with plenty of time. I started to notice that is would take a couple of weeks after I would write the check for the payment before it would clear.

Then a couple of weeks later I received a letter stating that I was mailing the payment to the wrong address and this is why I was receiving late charges. Funny how I could be sending it to the wrong address when I was sending the bill with the payment in the envelope that they provided.

Then next month I sent the payoff for my bill and it was supposedly lost in the mail and I started receiving phone calls daily accusing me of failure to pay I kept telling these people I mailed this amount on this day. Then I received another bill with late charges and back interest because I had done the six months same as cash for two separate accounts. One coming due in June and the other in August (I mailed the total for both accounts in the beginning of June before the first one was due).

So I put a stop pay on the first check mailed out another one with the late charge because I just wanted to be done with this company. I also attached a letter stating I wanted this account closed and for someone to send me a letter stating that is was paid in full and closed.

Well I the second check amazingly cleared 5 days after I mailed. And I finally received a letter in the mail stating that I had a zero balance and the account was closed. But then the next day I received another bill in the mail this time for back billed interest on the account in Aug and for billed finance charges on the other account paid off in June. I was outraged because these accounts have been paid for on time the Aug one was to be paid until the 18th and it was posted to the account on July 15th according to the bill, but once I went back through my past bills I noticed that there was a change in due dates they had changed the due on my second account from Aug 18th to July 5th.

So now it looks as though I paid it off late and am suppose to pay for the interest. I have a dispute filed on this right now we will see if it gets resolved I have told everyone that I have spoke to in this office that I will not pay this and am not happy with the way they practice their business. I have also told them that I feel they should refund my late fees back to me but I just got the run around.

I would not recommend anyone to use this company for any financial needs they are con-artist at the highest level.

Angelia
Jefferson City, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2005 12:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citifinancial-Retail-Services/Tempe-Arizona-82585/Citifinancial-Retail-Services-ripoff-invaild-charges-harshment-changing-due-dates-Tempe-154832. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citifinancial Retail Services