Complaint Review: Citifinancial Retail Services

• Submitted: Sat, June 06, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, June 06, 2009

• Reported By:College Station Texas
Citifinancial Retail Services
PO Box 22060 Tempe, Arizona U.S.A.
  • Phone: 803-835-5600
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Citifinancial Retail Services Not Consumer Friendly Tempe Arizona

In February of 2009 I had received a bill from Citi with a late charge assessment. I called a customer service representative at Citi to inquire about the late charge and was told that Citi did not process the payment until ONE DAY after the due date. I explained that I was out of town in January for the holidays and upon my return I mailed in my payment. The representative told me that he was taking the late charge off of the minimum payment due and that my payment for February would be a specific amount. I re-confirmed this amount with him and then sent in the payment I was told to send in.

Then, in March I received a bill with an amount past due and a minimum payment due that had doubled along with inflated interest rates. I called another customer service rep at Citi and inquired as to why there was a past due amount since I thought I had paid in full for February. I told her about my previous conversation with another rep. She told me that the late charge in February had been taken off of the principle and not off of the minimum payment due. I explained to her that this was not what I was told and I should not be penalized for something that was a mistake on Citi's part. She apologized but said there was nothing she could do.

I have since spoken to a third customer service representative who told me that the exact same thing has happened to other consumers as well so this is not an isolated occurrence. I have also written them a letter regarding this incident. Even though I have been a good consumer and have made my payments and still continue to make payments that I can financially make Citi has continued to raise my finance charges, charge me late fees, raise my interest rates, and quadruple my monthly payments. Also, they have ruined my credit score all due to a mistake that was made by one of their representatives and not through any fault of my own.

Don't ever do business with this company because I am beginning to think that they do this on purpose to consumers to try and squeeze more money out of us. Instead run, run far far away in the opposite direction. I have learned my lesson and will never do business with this company again nor will I recommend their business to any of my friends, family, co-workers, acquaintances, etc.

Anonymous
College Station, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2009 08:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citifinancial-Retail-Services/Tempe-Arizona-85285-2060/Citifinancial-Retail-Services-Not-Consumer-Friendly-Tempe-Arizona-459276. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citifinancial Retail Services