Complaint Review: Citifinancial Retail Services

• Submitted: Wed, May 21, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, May 21, 2008

• Reported By:Gaylord Michigan
Citifinancial Retail Services
citifinancialretailservices.com Tempe, Arizona U.S.A.

Citifinancial Retail Services back billed interest by posting payment past promotional expiration date Tempe Arizona

I purchased a mattress on a 9 month no payment no interest promotion. Instead of waiting until last month of promo to pay off balance I paid monthly payments to lower the final payment when it was due. All 8 of those payments were posted to my account within 3 to 4 days of my mailing the payment. I purposely mailed the final balance 15 days before promotion expired so there was plenty of time for payment to be recieved and posted to my account so I could avoid paying any interest charges per the promotional plan. My promotiomal plan had an expiration date of 4/25/2008 I mailed my payment on 4/10/2008. The statement and customer service person says they did not recieve payment for the entire balance until 4/26/2008 and posted it to my account on 4/27/2008. How is it that 8 payments arrive and are posted to my account within a 3 or 4 day period of my mailing them and one does not? These people are ripping me off to the tune of $126.25 for back billed interest. How many other people are being ripped off by this scam? All payments we mailed to Cloumbus, Ohio from Michigan.

Ernest
Gaylord, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2008 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citifinancial-Retail-Services/Tempe-Arizona-85285-2060/Citifinancial-Retail-Services-back-billed-interest-by-posting-payment-past-promotional-exp-333966. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citifinancial Retail Services