Complaint Review: Citifinancial Retail Services

• Submitted: Tue, April 14, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, June 22, 2010

• Reported By:birmingham Alabama
Citifinancial Retail Services
P.O. Box 22060 Tempe, Arizona U.S.A.

Citifinancial Retail Services Relentless late fees and interest hiking Tempe Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Maybe not unique, but rare

*Consumer Comment: Don't hold your breath

Citifinancial Retail Services has been a thorn in my side. I have never gotten behind on my payment and am still current. However if your payment is recieved a minute late they charge you 40$. At the moment I am having a hard time with bill and called to see if I can get a late fee removed since the payment was one day late and I could not afford another 40$.

First, they take away my 0% interest and hike it to 30%, then they keep sending me to another number to call where I get the same response, "Let me see if I can get someone on the line to help you," THEN THEY HANG UP!!!! 5 times today for one and a half hours I have chased them down with no avail. I refuse to pay them a penny of my hard earned money again until they show some appreciation for their customers.

Webberd
birmingham, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2009 02:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citifinancial-Retail-Services/Tempe-Arizona-85285/Citifinancial-Retail-Services-Relentless-late-fees-and-interest-hiking-Tempe-Arizona-443494. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citifinancial Retail Services

Maybe not unique, but rare

AUTHOR: Joe - (United States of America)

Flynrider - I know it's not happening at every bank.  They may have the same rules, but many of us are finding Citi seems to receive their mail at a rate way slower than everyone else.  Until dealing with Citi, I had never been late on a single payment of anything in 25 years.  Giving Citi the same lead time in mail service, I found my payment was posted with them nearly 3 days late.  Certainly this was a mistake and they would waive the fees?  Not a chance!  Unless you are sending them payments in a certified fashion (and who does that), be prepared to be late.

Don't hold your breath

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

Waiting for them to show you some appreciation. One day late is still late. According to the agreement on your 0% rate, that's all they need to hike the rate up. Read your card agreement. That's what you and the bank agreed would happen if you were late.

If you think this is unique to Citi, think again. Just about every bank that issues cards has the same rules. With the tight money situation at banks these days, they will take every opportunity to hike rates for folks with those 0% deals.

agricultural