Handle

• Submitted: Thu, September 04, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, September 04, 2008

• Reported By:Prince Georges Maryland
Citifinancial Services
7219 Commerce Street Springfield, Virginia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 703-866-4950
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Citifinancial Services Rude, Crude, Vulgar, Underhanded Springfield Virginia

A few years back I received an invite from CitiFinancial Services at 7219 Commerce Street; Springfield, VA 22150 for a loan. I called them, talked to them and they were really helpful and friendly. I went into their office to finalize the loan. All was good.

With the growing economic problems in this country, I had fallen on hard times. I did "the right thing" and went to a credit counseling service to help me pay everyone I owed every month. Citifinancial REFUSED to enter into the agreement. Had they done so, they would get their money each and every month with no issue. Being that they did not enter into the agreement, I have had to rank what I can and cannot pay and they only get paid when I have it available. My priorities are the mortgage, the utilities, food and transportation. If there is enough left over, I gladly pay them.

I get calls several times a day on different phones from them now (illegal, by the way...one call a day, otherwise it is stalking) threatening me, being rude to me, cursing at me and hanging up on me. I even called back and was nice and asked the young "lady" that answered the phone to please tell the person that had just hung up on my that it was rude and not the right thing to do. She hung up on me.

Here is the underhanded part...they managed to locate my parent's unlisted phone number and called them looking for me. My parents live over a thousand miles away from me and have nothing to do with my finances -- not to mention the fact that I have not lived with or near them in almost 20 years. IF they had been a cosigner it would be understandable. But they were not. This means that they are scouring my credit report and finding information...which I believe is unethical.

They clearly will give a loan to anyone and they get their information by scouring credit reports (and adding dings to YOUR credit) -- even with all of the "issues" they have with me, they STILL send me offers in the mail telling me that I have met their guidelines.

Scammers, don't deal with them.

Anon
Prince Georges, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2008 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citifinancial-Services/Springfield-Virginia-22150/Citifinancial-Services-Rude-Crude-Vulgar-Underhanded-Springfield-Virginia-369672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citifinancial Services