• Report: #220609

• Updated: Tue, November 14, 2006

• Reported By:Whitby Ontario
Citifinancial
145 Kingston Rd. E. Suite 3 Ajax, Ontario Canada

Citifinancial My wife is not on the CF loan and we are separated. I have informed Citifinacial of this in writing. They call 4-5x/day to our old no. Now they have started harrassing all my personal reference contacts who are 73 yrs. old! Ajax Ontario

*Consumer Comment: Criminal - Loan Sharks

*Consumer Suggestion: Shock the Heck out of them.

My wife is not on the CF loan and we are separated. I have informed Citifinancial of this in writing. They call 4-5x/day to our old no. (she has the old phone no.) she tells them to reach me on my cell. They rarely call my cell.They still persist on calling her even though she has told them to stop calling even by fax.

Now they have started harassing all my personal reference contacts who are 73 yrs. old!This is just disgusting. My wife is not on the loan, never authorized the loan and did not sign for anything! My personal reference contacts did not sign for anything either.

They told my contact that they will call everyone on the list until they get what they want. I have tried to explain my situation and they don't listen!. They start calling the day after a missed payment. Sometimes the day before, sometimes the day of!They only need to talk to me, no one else is going to pay this loan!When did loan shark and loan shark tactics become legal in Canada?

How long will it take before they sit in front of people's houses (eg my wife, son, mother, mother-in-law) waiting to pounce on them like some depraved hyena?

Steve
Whitby, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2006 05:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citifinancial/Ajax-Ontario-L1S7J4/Citifinancial-My-wife-is-not-on-the-CF-loan-and-we-are-separated-I-have-informed-Citifina-220609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citifinancial

Criminal - Loan Sharks

AUTHOR: TammyB - ()

This also happened to me, they called my aunt and father because they were contact people on my list.  The would call me and talk to me and then tell me they were going to call my father and aunt to tell them what a loser I was.

I hope you were finally able to get them to stop calling your ex-wife because even if she reported it to the Ministry of Consumers Services because they won't do nothing to help.  I actually had a friend tell me that they did send someone to his house to try and collect money after they filed for bankruptcy, he said two big guys showed up at his door demanding he make a payment he told them to hit the road and called his lawyer.

I'm actually using my cousins account because for some reason it won't allow me to use my own e-mail but I am in the process of working on getting a petition together to get Citifinancial as a Predatory Lender, I need to hear other's stories so that I have more proof to confirm that they are doing this.  I just started a facebook page called Citifinancial - Predatory Lenders but its new and so far no one has shared their story.  I'm meeting with a group that does work to help the community with problems like this they also worked on getting the laws changed on the Payday Lenders here in Canada.  If anyone here in Canada wants to share their story, they don't have to give all the details on the facebook page but if you want to send a message saying that you might be willing to share your story so that have proof of how these people are please go to the page and send me a message.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Shock the Heck out of them.

AUTHOR: Marc - (U.S.A.)

Pay the bill in full, they won't know what hit them.