Complaint Review: Citifinancial

• Submitted: Mon, July 09, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, July 09, 2012

• Reported By: INJURED AND MISTREATED — OKLAHOMA CITY Oklahoma United States of America

Filed a claim for my Payment Protection Insurance with a subsidiary of Citifinancial who sold the insurance and I made the loan payment as usual until the insurance proceeds would be sent.

When the payment was sent to Citifinancial they refused to give me the check for the specific period of which I had already paid and applied the monies by some other unexplainable means to my account which only went into the interest column.

Tried to discuss the matter with a branch worker who could not offer any reasonable explanation as to how money could be applied to a future payment without being applied to the interest, for the only way to pay a loan into the future is to apply monies to the principle.

This practice went on for months and years and no matter whether I made the monthly payment or not, the insurance proceeds were moved into some month into the future. (e.g., if the insurance check came in September they used it to pay December's payment.)

I still have not had any success getting this straightened out and they are claiming I have unpaid interest on my account.  If I pay to have my car fixed out of my pocket, when the insurance company sends the proceeds would the repair shop be able to keep that check also.

Well, this was the case with Citifinancial and I know it's wrong.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2012 03:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citifinancial/internet/Citifinancial-MISDIRECTED-PPI-PAYMENTS-TO-INCREASE-INTEREST-ON-LOAN-Internet-909056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citifinancial