Complaint Review: Citimortage

• Submitted: Thu, June 26, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, June 26, 2008

• Reported By:Lake O Michigan
Citimortage
P.O.Box 6006 The Lakes, Nevada U.S.A.

CitiMortage Customer service does not have a clue The Lakes Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Questions..

I have contacted CitiMortage customer service five times looking for information regarding my mortgage payoff date. I was told on all occasions that my mortgage would come due in 2036. I found this a little hard to swallow since this mortgage is a seven-year loan. On all occasions, I have asked for an accounting of my loan. The customer service agent assured me that I would receive a report in the mail, which I have yet to receive. None of the agents would allow me to speak to a higher-level service agent (if there is one). At this point, I need someone to understand my request. Who knows maybe it is a communication problem with the language barrier. I have submitted a request in writing and still have not received an accounting. This is my money and home I am talking about here. I have thought about re-mortgaging with a mortgage company that has a clue. I will make sure it is NOT sold to CitiMortage as my current mortgage was. I will make every effort to be reimbursed for the re-mortgaging charges. This is not over by a long shot.

Lzmnnj
Lake O, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2008 08:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citimortage/The-Lakes-Nevada/CitiMortage-Customer-service-does-not-have-a-clue-The-Lakes-Nevada-344460. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citimortage

Are you sure you have a 7(Seven) year mortgage.

You didn't say when you got this mortgage. But if you got this mortgage in 2006 it would make sense that you have a 7/30 ARM. That is your rate is fixed for the first 7 years, but the total mortgage is 30 years(2036).