Complaint Review: Citimortgage

• Updated: Wed, July 07, 2010

• Reported By: Carla — Columbia Tennessee United States of America
Citimortgage
6801 Colwell Blvd, Irving, Texas 75039 Internet United States of America

Citimortgage Citimortgage Inc., Ham Trial Agreements, NTSM 1680 Ruined my credit, lied to me, did not inform me correctly, turned my life upside down, made it hell on earth, trying to ruin me financially with their lies. they committed fraud! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Thanx you

*Consumer Comment: Same thing happened to me - CITIMORTGAGE LIES

*Consumer Comment: Email for CEO of Citimortgage

I had a change in employment in December 2008. I called my mortgage company and asked if their was any way I could get my mortgage reduced. They said I qualified for the Ham program. I was so grateful.

In the meantime, I took a travel assignment to keep up with my 3600 dollar a month mortgage and other bills. They finally got my mortgage reduced to 2034 dollars while they processed me. Almost a year later, they are still "processing" me. I was away from my children and my husband for 9 months.

I saw the same stories on the internet about citimortgage leading people to believe they were getting help, and, lo and behold, they were all denied, told to pay the difference in the modified mortgage and original, and that they were in "default" of their loans, was never told this "modification" plan would ruin their credit and keep them from getting financed anywhere else, and never told any of them, including me, that I would have to pay that difference.

On top of everything else, they make you pay by phone and charge a $20 phone fee. I panicked, so I called citimortgage and asked them what's going on with my loan. I got a different story every time I called. I realized they were not notifying people they were denied. They lead you to believe from the beginning you are approved. This process I thought was just to set the mortgage amount based on your bills and income.

One person told me I could'nt afford this house. That I should quit digging a hole. She told me I was denied. Another caller said I made too much money and would be put on internal modification, which probably would be putting me back at my $3600 mortgage and a payment plan for the money I owe them. She said Its based on my pay stubs even if its overtime. I told her I was a nurse and it was good some weeks and not the next, so there was a wide range in my checks.

Overtime is never guaranteed. They should never base a person's income on overtime. Noone else does. I'm trying to pay my bills off where I can have a life. My husband's job as a custodian will be done in June since Maury County has decided to do away with custodians in this county.

The next person told me I was in a batch of loans that were denied and it was a computer glitch. The next person said that was not true.

I finally called "Makinghomesaffordable.gov", given to me by quicken loans, who sold my loan to citimortgage. They got on a 3 way conference call with me. She stated it was unclear where my file stood. What the heck?! She gave us the direct number to  who has my file, which I have listed.

The first time I called her, I got her voice mail and left a message. The person who connected me sent her a email and text her. The second, third, and fourth time I called, you could'nt leave a message because her box was full. In other words, she can't be reached!

Around this same time I receive a letter from citimortgage saying I have defaulted on my loan. I have been paying what they have set me up to pay.

when you ask questions, they are vague, like they are hiding something. I feel it's a scam!

I can't sleep, I feel sick all the time, and it's torn my family apart. This is wrong! If I knew this would ruin my credit and cause me to have to come up with $25000, I would have found another way. Please help! They are forcing people into foreclosure!!

There is an attorney online Phillips and Garcia, I think in Mass., who is taking lots of these cases. They blame the denials on the government! The government bailed them out, and they are cheating the people. One lady told me she became suicidal over her ordeal with citimortgage.

Never got any paperwork or agreement from them on this Modification loan, no "you are not approved until processing is done", no "you will have to pay the difference", no "we are going to ruin your credit during this process", no nothing. Depressed and discouraged. Life is a living hell for me right now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2010 10:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citimortgage/internet/Citimortgage-Citimortgage-Inc-Ham-Trial-Agreements-NTSM-1680-Ruined-my-credit-lied-to-600864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citimortgage

Thanx you

AUTHOR: JBaker - (United States of America)

Thank you for that information. I appreciate it. Good Luck

Same thing happened to me - CITIMORTGAGE LIES

AUTHOR: JBaker - (United States of America)

My journey started in December of 2008. After waiting 3 months to see if I qualified for a MOD, I called them only to find out they lost the paperwork. They then said they would give me a reduced mortgage payment for 3 months while final approval was given on my modification. I was never told that this was a forebearance plan, that it would ruin my credit or that it would put me in default. Never received any paperwork from them. I paid according to what they told me to pay only to find out after the 3 months that I was not approved for a MOD and now I owed them several thousands of dollars. I even got my attorney involved in Oct 2009 after finding out the my credit report is showing I defaulted on my loan. They said they were going to correct the situation after I paid them the back due amount. I finally paid them the money, yet they haven't corrected anything and still send me notices every month saying that I owe over $800 in delinquency and late fees. What fees? I did EVERYTHING they said to do for one entire year and here it is, 18 months later and still no resolution. They must have received my MOD paperwork at least 8 times, saying they lost it each time. Then they said I didn't qualify for any help from them or the Go'vt because we had too much debt. No S**T Sherlock. My husband was laid off in Oct 2009 and we have only one income, so of course our debt ratio is high because of the loss of income. CITIMORTGAGE Sucks and basically there is nothing I can do. They won't help me and already ruined my credit so I guess my only choice is to stop paying the mortgage all together. Maybe then they will try to help me. Who knows.

Email for CEO of Citimortgage

AUTHOR: dijmart - (United States of America)

Here is the email for the CEO of Citimortgage, Vikram Pandit:

Vikram.Pandit@citi.com

and here is the phone # of the "executive response team":

1-877-245-2511

They did exactly the same thing to me! Emailing this CEO got me a phone call from the executive response team the next day, but I am in a chapter 13 bankruptcy, so they sent my loan to their lawyers ASAP before I could get anyone to help me. But now my lawyer is dealing with it and I'm actually relieved at this point. So we have made them an offer to settle the amount owed and not one penny more, I'll see tomorrow if they except it or not.