Complaint Review: Citizens Bank

• Updated: Fri, June 13, 2014

• Reported By: Tell It Like It Is — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Citizens Bank
525 William Penn Place Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA

Citizens Bank aka Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania Unethical Fees & Failure to Satisfy Customer Demand Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Don't float checks or debits

*Consumer Comment: And Its Wailing Time Again...

Citizens Bank charged me $105.00 in fees when I had three withdrawals pending the same date my payroll check was directly deposited into my bank account.

I contacted them about resolving this matter or at least forgiving one of the fees. The customer service representative was professional but said I was not able to refunded any fees. She then transferred me to Dan her supervisor who was extremely rude and showed complete discontentment with taking the time to help me. He simply ended up telling me that Citizens Bank lost money and I deserved to be charged these fees.

So in the end I asked him if he still got a paycheck this week? He told me it had nothing to do with the conversation we were having. I told him that if Citizens Bank is losing money off of his customers then he shouldn't receive a paycheck because they shouldn't be able to pay him if they are in fact losing money.

I have tried everything I can to deal with Citizens Bank. They are completely unethical and surely do not care about customer loyalty or satisfaction. Then again why should they? They are everywhere. No one ever steps up and says you are doing this wrong and should be  held accountable. They already had a class action lawsuite filed against them for unfair practices yet they still do the same things. They continue to push through purchases from the highest to lowest so that they can charge you mutliple fees. This is completely unethical and unfair to hard working individuals.

I truly hope that someday our society will be able to step up and put them in their place.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2014 07:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citizens-Bank-/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-15259/Citizens-Bank-aka-Citizens-Bank-of-Pennsylvania-Unethical-Fees-Failure-to-Satisfy-Cust-1154545. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citizens Bank

Don't float checks or debits

AUTHOR: coast - ()

This is totally your fault because you authorized the three withdrawals against unavailable funds. You gambled the deposit would be credited first. You lost that gamble.

And Its Wailing Time Again...

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

What is the bank's FUNDS AVAILABILITY policy?  What does your CHECK REGISTER say when you "received" overdraft fees?  What does your RUNNING BALANCE say now and what did your RUNNING BALANCE say on the day of the overdrafts, taking into account the bank's FUNDS AVAILABILITY policy?  There's four easy questions for you to which I'd guarantee your answers would be "I don't know!"  This case and EVERY case of overdraft fee WAILING is caused by ONE REASON and ONE REASON...ALONE!  The account holder DOES NOT keep written records, DOES NOT know the funds availability policy and DOES NOT add the deposited funds to the RUNNING BALANCE only AFTER they are actually credited to the account.  Sorry, there's no great big conspiracy to "get you".  Its not the government, the FBI, FCC, CIA, DOE, IRS, FINRA, DOD, FDIC, the mayor, the governor or the president.  Overdraft fees are ALWAYS CAUSED by people spending money the don't have because they haven't the slightest clue as to what's in the account!  The reason for that is they are too lazy to properly manage their account by keeping written records with a current running balance.  Oh yes, don't waste the time or energy claiming I must work for them, because I don't.  INSTEAD, use that energy to start a check register.