Complaint Review: Citizens Bank Parent Company Is RBS

Harvard Square Cambridge, Massachusetts United States of America
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Citizens Bank Parent Company Is RBS Sent me a letter saying they made mistake then charged me usurious overdraft fees and REFUSED to give my money back. Cambridge, Massachusetts

Citizens held up the deposit of a check and then sent me a letter saying that since I "did not receive this notice at the time [I] made [my] deposit and the check [I] deposited is paid, [they] will return to [me] any fees for overdrafts or returned checks...."  Okay, fine.  So, a week later, I get a letter saying I was overdrawn for 8 transactions totalling $207.86, and they charged me $39 dollars for each transaction for a total of $273.00 in overdraft fees.  I called the number on this letter and wound my way through many automated menus for 1/2 hour.  Finally I got a person (trick is to not punch any selection at FIRST menu.  It will repeat itself twice and THEN give you the option of talking to a person.)  So I explained my situation to the guy who answered the phone.  He put me on hold a few times and finally came back and said he couldn't do anything about the overdraft fees because they had no record of ever sending me the first letter!!  Are you kidding me?  So I offered to fax it back to them and he doesn't want it.

I ask to talk to a supervisor.  After 30 minutes, he comes on the line, hears the situation.  He doesn't want my letter either.  He says there's nothing he can do.

Please heed this advice:  DO NOT BANK WITH CITIZENS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2009 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citizens-Bank-Parent-Company-Is-RBS/Cambridge-Massachusetts-01238/Citizens-Bank-Parent-Company-Is-RBS-Sent-me-a-letter-saying-they-made-mistake-then-charge-500001. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citizens Bank Parent Company Is RBS