Complaint Review: Citizens Bank

Citizens Bank
2101 Elmwood Ave Ny193, Buffalo, New York USA

Citizens Bank Incorrect balance/bank theft Buffalo New York

*Consumer Comment: Here's Why

*Consumer Comment: My guess would be you don't maintain a WRITTEN check register...

Citizens Bank is a scam bank. Everytime i get paid not only is money always missing from my check, they also

give incorrect balances that result in a negative balance that makes no sense. The first couple of times i let it go

However this last time was my last straw.

when customer service was called there was no given explanation of why my account was now overdrawn by so

much. They had no idea where this amount had come from. citizens bank is stealing money from me, and im sure others as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2013 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citizens-Bank/-Buffalo-New-York-14207/Citizens-Bank-Incorrect-balancebank-theft-Buffalo-New-York-1097197. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citizens Bank

Here's Why

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

When the paycheck is deposited, money is taken out to pay overdraft fees and other debits.  Again, same old story...its YOUR account with YOUR money.  Don't YOU think YOU should know how much of YOUR money is in YOUR account?  You will obtain the most accurate balance known to man if and only if YOU maintain a check register, write down each and every use of the ATM card, subtract each and every amount to maintain a running balance.  No, I don't work for them and sorry there is no theft of your money or grand conspiracy to get you.

My guess would be you don't maintain a WRITTEN check register...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

If you are relying on what an online site tells you about your balance or going by the balance the teller gives you, you will continue to have problems such as you're having.

"The teller at the bank told me my account was a a zero balance after my wife and i fixed the last overdraft fee,

which matched my records. When my wife went to the bank my account then was at a negative $184."

The bank teller had no way of knowing what checks or ATM transactions were outstanding.

If you wrote checks and used your debit card or ATM withdrawals and then checked your balance, you would already be in trouble.  An up to date and accurate check register would avoid this problem.

"Everytime i get paid not only is money always missing from my check"

Not sure what's happening here, but if they can't explain it and you're SURE they're stealing from you, you can report this to your state's banking commission.  I'm still betting you don't maintain that accurate and up to date check register.  It's the ONLY way to know the available balance in your account.