Complaint Review: Citizens Bank

One Citizens Plaza Providence, Rhode Island USA
  • Phone: 1-401-456-7000
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Citizens Bank RBS Citizens Financial Group Kept an extra car payment for weeks! Lied about when the check went out! Providence Rhode Island

The worst service I've ever experienced.

I had a car loan with them and when I sold that car, they took an extra payment out of my account. That was June 3rd. and it is now July 23, 2013 and I still have not received my money back. I was told that it was mailed out on June 14th and also on June 19th. But no check arrived. When I called for the 4th time on July 10th, the supervisor canceled the check since it hadn't come. However, the check showed up on Monday having been postmarked on the day I called, July 10th. It had an issue date of June 14th! What happened? Did it sit on someone's desk for 27 days?

I can't deposit it as it was canceled and now I've been told they mailed another check on July 17th but it still isn't here on the 23rd. The check which was sent only took 4 days from Rhode Island to Pennsylvania. [continued below]....

..... Don't ever deal with this bank - they are so inept or downright dishonest. You'd think they would want to make this right by sending it by FedEx or Overnight!  But no, they still have my money and I don't get interest or the ability to charge a fee for late payment!  So much for friendly customer service! They could care less!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2013 12:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citizens-Bank/Providence-Rhode-Island-02903/Citizens-Bank-RBS-Citizens-Financial-Group-Kept-an-extra-car-payment-for-weeks-Lied-abo-1069390. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citizens Bank