Complaint Review: Citizens Bank

• Updated: Thu, April 10, 2014

• Reported By: Tired of getting abused. — Manchester New Hampshire
Citizens Bank
Nationwide USA

Citizens Bank 7 overdrafts for one check and they didn't cover it. Manchester New Hampshire

*Consumer Comment: Oh yea that's it...

*Consumer Comment: Bad Habit

I have had this bank since they bought out my old one back in the late 90's. I have never had any problems with them until I became part of a class action lawsuit last year. They use to always cover my overdrafts up to $500 with no problems. I got 7 overdrafts last week for one check. The company kept reposting the bill and every time they did, Citizens bank nailed me with a $40 overdraft fee. They never covered the check but hit with all those overdrafts. The amount was way under $500 . I called the customer service number and spoke to a woman for about 5 minutes. I'm always very courteous and professional anytime I'm on the phone. Doesn't matter what the circumstances. The lady refused to honor any of the overdrafts. I politely asked for a supervisor. After almost 10 minutes of waiting, I got man that started off as helpful then became very obnoxious to the point where he kept interrupting me. Then he tried to talk over me every time I would  try to ask a question. I had told him about being on a class action list for this same thing. He laughed when I said the bank seems to be punishing me for trying to get back what is rightfully mine. After hearing him chuckle and mockingly say. I'm not going to honor these. He actually tried to school me on budgeting. I abruptly ended the call with a thank for your time and not helping even one bit, Have a nice day. I am closing my account with them after 14 plus years .. I hate to think what they have planned for the other people that were part of that class action suit. PS: I hope they did record my conversation with them as they always say when you call their 800 number because it will back up everything I said. Beware of Citizens bank. They don't care about their customers anymore as I keep reading more and more every  day. Thank you reading my rant.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2014 07:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citizens-Bank/nationwide/Citizens-Bank-7-overdrafts-for-one-check-and-they-didnt-cover-it-Manchester-New-Hampshi-1136217. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citizens Bank

Oh yea that's it...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Well isn't it amazing how you are one of thousands of people on a "Class Action Lawsuit", and this bank has such a vendetta against you that when you attempt to spend more money than you have available in your account they "get even" by not letting you do it.  Wow...just when I thought I heard it all.

Well sorry to burst this imaginary world you are living in, but they could care less if  you are a member in some class action lawsuit or not.

So let's look at the reality.  First as part of their vendetta they did not force you to write a check or submit a debit for more than you had available.  That is 100% on you.  The fact that you know they USED to cover up to $500 shows one thing...YOU abused this privledge in the past and they have decided to basically "cut you off".  But even if you are going to try and claim that you never had this happen before, it is still their right to decide when and if they will honor a check.

Oh and as for the 7 overdrafts.  That was caused by the company that you wrote the BAD CHECK.  They are the ones who kept submitting it, so if you have a complaint why not complain about them.  Of course when you do realize that in many circumstances if you have a check refused by a bank, which because you didn't have the money they had every legal right to do, YOU could actually be harged with Check FRAUD.  Now, if that would end up in any jail time probably not, but at the very least you would have had a very nice letter from the DA that basically stated to pay up or face some serious charges.

Bad Habit

AUTHOR: coast - ()

You are a habitual offender. You abused the privilege of overdraft protection so they cut you off.