Complaint Review: Citizens Bank

• Reported By: Mfestiffin — Bartonsville Pennsylvania
Citizens Bank
Nationwide USA

Citizens Bank Excessive overdraft!!! Total rip off!! Nationwide

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Tricks Citizens bank uses to steal you money!

*Author of original report: Excuse me but

*Consumer Comment: A couple of things....

*Consumer Comment: Good Luck!

This bank is a complete fraud!!!!  They hit you with fees for things that did not overdraft!!  I had one check overdraft an they charged me for 4!!!!  I check my account multiple times daily and am always aware of my charges and they had no right to charge me overdraft fees for things that did not overdraft my account!!!!  I am closing my account and moving to a new bank this one sucks!!  There is no regulation on how they practice business!  They shoul have legal action brought against them!!! Crooks!!!!  Oh and it doesn't matter if thou turn overdraft protection off they just yes you to death and charge away!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2014 08:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citizens-Bank/nationwide/Citizens-Bank-Excessive-overdraft-Total-rip-off-Nationwide-1139595. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citizens Bank

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Tricks Citizens bank uses to steal you money!

AUTHOR: PowerElectronics - ()

after many years dealing with this bank I have decided it is time to

go and find a credit union. many thing the employees told me about

how the bank handles charges when they come in.

First if you allow overdraft on your personal account or have a business account, as the business cards are not covered by the

law that was pasted. Either way all your charges for the day come

in doesn't matter what order they arrive in, near the end of the day

they look and if there is more debit than money they will allways take the largest amounts first. this way they can steal more OD fees

from your account. now I have business account and personal to

stop the OD fees on my Business acount. I didn't opt in on the

OD for the personal account so tat I can stop giving the all my money. so the bank recieved a direct withdrawl from my personal

account and then to debits on the card. they held the direct payment until the end of day and once the 3 debit charges came in the then put it though as it is not covered under the OD rules.

Personally I am taking all my accounts and all the people I brought to their bank and an going to find some credit union or bank that does not steal their customers money.

Just think of all the banks that are gone due to the way they operate and I see citizens bank will be joining them.

if you work for this bank I would start looking for another job

as this bank does not understand that a business depends on having happy customers and I can't see anyone banking there

that would want to stay and have their money stolen when ever

the bank wants to take it.

One more example I deposted a check and on the reciept it showed

a large direct deposit that had come in. so I paid the bills with the money from the direct deposit and got like 8 overdrafts.

I stopped by the local branch and handed the the slip showing the

money after the lady spent hours on the phone she say ok I can

split the OD fees with you. Yeah sure just what I wanted to hear.

they are crocks so if you bank there some day when you in the bank you will feel like the comercial were the customers are being held up by the people that run the bank!

Excuse me but

AUTHOR: Mfestiffin - ()

Please don't assume that I do not keep a check register!!!! I in fact keep extremely detailed registers for all my accounts!! I have never had a problem with other banks and in fact only switched to this one after I got married To suit my husband!  I am no novice!!  I check my balance multiple times per day to make sure everything is coming out on time so I can check it off my registry!  This bank throws fees around like crazy!  Which is why I am upset!  I have since switched back to my old bank an have no problems!  I even showed them my statement and they could not even figure out why I was charged so many times the same fee!  If I didn't keep an accurate register I wouldn't know exactly when I'm being ripped off!! You sound like someone who works for a bank!  Some people should ask questions before making accusations!

A couple of things....

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

"I check my account multiple times daily and am always aware of my charges and they had no right to charge me overdraft fees for things that did not overdraft my account!!!!"

It is OBVIOUS you do NOT keep an accurate, up to date check register.  When you check your balance online, it does NOT reflect pending transactions, such as the gas you just purchased on your debit card and the other checks you just wrote and haven't even been sent to the bank, let alone processed.  You should also check online to be SURE any deposits have been credited and the funds are available.

"This bank is a complete fraud!!!"

"There is no regulation on how they practice business!"

"They shoul have legal action brought against them!!! Crooks!!!!"

First, all this is totally preventable and YOUR fault for NOT keeping an accurate, up to date, written check register.  Since you are sure they're a fraud and are crooks, you can report your FACTS to your states banking commissioner.

Oh, and BTW, banks ARE regulated by NUMEROUS Federal and state banking laws.

You sound like a person fairly new to a checking account and should visit your banker for help in maintaining your account in a manner that will benefit YOU.  If you decide to continue as you are, those of us who don't incur those pesky little NSF fees thank you for helping keep other banking costs lower to OUR benefit.

Also, if you maintain the status quo, please come back later on this site to let us know how your new bank is Ripping you off. It's entirely YOUR choice.  I've been banking for over 50 years and NO nsf fees, EVER.  See, it can be done.  Good luck to you.

Good Luck!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

You gave yourself away!  You stated you "check your balance" several times a day.  Let me see, you do it on line or via phone.  So let me ask you this:  On the days the bank said YOU overdrafted YOUR account, what was the running balance in your CHECK REGISTER???  Check register???  "What's that?", you ask.  The on-line account activity or phone report of the same is NOT accurrate.  The MOST accurrate balance in the universe is obtained by YOU writing down EVERY use of the ATM card, doing the subtraction right then and there and as such, keeping a running balance.  YOUR failure to do this with this bank is what costs you overdraft fees.  Your failure to do this with the new bank will cost you overdraft fees.  Sorry, there is no grand conspiracy to "get" you by the banks.  Its YOUR FAILURE to keep accurrate records!