Complaint Review: Citizens Information Associates

• Updated: Thu, October 18, 2012

• Reported By: Elle — Dunwoody Georgia United States of America
Citizens Information Associates
PO BOX 171 Austin, TX Internet United States of America

Citizens Information Associates Bustedmugshots.com Lied about their services Internet

I called on October 16, 2012 to have my name removed from their website bustedmugshots.com with Larry in customer service. Larry told me that for $178 I can have my information removed within 48 hours. I received confirmation within 24 hrs that the service was complete. I checked and "googled" my name and my name was still related to the company but on page 7 of search engines instead of page 1. All Bustedmugshots.com did was take it off thier website and the 1st page of google searches and move it back a few pages. The next day my name appeared on many other websites (owned by their company) on the first page of several search engines. I did some research and found that Bustedmugshots.com owns a lot of similar sites when Larry said they only owned one site when I had asked during my purchase. I have never been in trouble and it was a minor incident that happened and now I look like a criminal. Until I am found guilty, I do not think anyone should profit or be publicly harassed or exorted. The state where I live has "at will" employment. If my employer finds out before my court date I could be fired without a reason given. If my coworkers/clients from across the world googled my name it would look like I am a convicted criminal and someone could tell human resources. Moreover, my boss may not ask me about the arrest and just fire me because it's "at will" employment in my state. Companies like Bustedmugshots plaster your name and mugshots all over the internet for easy access for anyone to see if they "Google" your name. Also this company is not registered in my state to do business and therefore should not be allowed to copy my mugshot from the county jail on their website to humilate and then exort money from me and others. This is in violation of my Fifth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution and it reads, in part, "No person shall be ... deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law. Right now I am innocent unless the court states otherwise (which it's already being dropped). In summary, since I made a purchase from bustedmugshots.com my name is plaster on every search engine now and in more frequency. It's a scam and should be stopped based on my 5th amendment rights; don't you agree?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2012 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Citizens-Information-Associates/internet/Citizens-Information-Associates-Bustedmugshotscom-Lied-about-their-services-Internet-956886. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Citizens Information Associates