Complaint Review: City Assure

• Submitted: Sat, December 03, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, December 03, 2011

• Reported By: jetsbowl2005 — oneida New York United States of America
City Assure

City Assure , Circut City's buyer protection plan a scam, Pd., $399 for the sevice sent it back 5 times for repair and still will not replace Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Sorry for your computer problems...

We purchased a Hewlett Packard laptop computer from Circuit City for $679.99. With this purchase we also purchased the City Assure protection plan for $399.99. About 5 months later the laptop would not start up. So we contacted City assure and they advised us to take the laptop to Radio Shack to be shipped to their service provider "Central Service Depot". Three weeks later the computer was returned back to us in working order and the report stated "Replaced Motherboard/ System board. Flashed system BIOS. Reseated video cable. All hardware passed diagnostic testing.

Four months later the computer goes down with the same issue, it will not start up and the screen is black. So once again we call, play the "on hold" game, and get through. Once again a Incident number is issued and we bring it to Radio Shack to be shipped out. Another 3 weeks goes buy and we get the computer back in working order with basically the same description of services preformed report.

Five months go by and the computer once again goes down with the same issue. Call, send it back, it is returned with the same outcome as before. Another two months go by and BANG....the SAME issue happens again. So now I'm mad as a hornet. I talk to a service manager and am assured that if I send it back for repairs and it breaks again the following time (which would be the fith time) it will be replaced.

Well, guess what? It has been five months since it was repaired for the fourth time and the computer goes down again with the same issues. So I call the costumer service representative and immediately ask for a service manager. Thinking that we are going to finally get rid of this piece of garbage, you could only imagine my surprise when I am told that I must send it back for repair AGAIN! This is after I was told that they will NOT fix it again and it will be replaced.

To wrap it all up, we paid $399.99 for a service in which WE had to take the time to contact, send, and pick up the unit. We were without the unit for approximately 5 months total. And WE once again have to send it back to be repaired. Its not worth it! I believe this company is a FRAUD. Someone PLEASE investigate this, a simple search on the internet had produce SEVERAL of other people with these same issues. I think its time for the LAW to step in.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2011 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/City-Assure/internet/City-Assure-Circut-Citys-buyer-protection-plan-a-scam-Pd-399-for-the-sevice-sent-i-804530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on City Assure

Sorry for your computer problems...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

"I believe this company is a FRAUD. Someone PLEASE investigate this, a simple search on the internet had produce SEVERAL of other people with these same issues. I think its time for the LAW to step in."

Why do you believe they are a fraud and the LAW should step in?

Have they violated the terms of your written contract or refused to fix the computer within the terms of the warranty?

I think I would be frustrated too, but unless they aren't living up to ALL contract terms, you may be stuck...sorry.

Have you contacted HP to see if they might be able to help?

Good luck to you.