Complaint Review: City College Fort Lauderdale

• Submitted: Sun, November 25, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, November 26, 2012

• Reported By: LHall84 — Delray Beach Florida United States of America
City College Fort Lauderdale
2000 West Commercial Boulevard #200 Fort Lauderdale, Florida United States of America

City College Fort Lauderdale Financial Aid Office total BUST! Fort Lauderdale, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Financial Aid

City college financial aid department is a joke. I worked my butt off to get them a clearance letter (in a weeks notice) to prove I was in good standing to receive aid from the government. Once they got the letter they cleared me and were supposed to apply for my aid. I knew they only had a few days to submit it because we were on a deadline, and I knew I couldn't trust them because they had failed me before, so I stayed on them about it, sending emails, (which I kept for proof) leaving messages in which I was reassured that they were getting it done. A few months later due to total lack of competence in the school, their staff and the professors I transferred to a different school. I requested my transcripts only to learn I had an outstanding bill of $5000.00! I asked them to send me a copy, and instead they pawned off the bill to a credit collections agency. I reviewed the bill and noticed a few payments I had made in cash which was a mistake were on the bill, as well as my application fee that I had already paid for along with testing fees I had already paid for, so now I was concerned about the accountability of their billing department charging me for things Ive already paid for, along with a background check that they said was at no change because I was done in-house.

So now I am stuck, I need my transcripts to graduate from the nursing program, but they wont release them because I "owe" them money that was supposed to be covered by the aid they never applied for. I had a family friend (attorney) write up documents and had them sent via registered mail to the dean and school management to try and resolve this matter, we also left messages. We never heard back. This matter is almost 2 years old and I am not getting anywhere because they refuse to respond. I have right to report them to the Florida Department of Education but I have not heard anything back. I am at my wits end, I am a student enrolled full time, working full time and cant take the stress this is creating any longer, I need help and I just don't know what to do. It is a terrible school, they are ripping people off because their is no regulation, I just want something to be done, fairly. Thank you. I have documents and proof of what happened. Please help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2012 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/City-College-Fort-Lauderdale/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33309/City-College-Fort-Lauderdale-Financial-Aid-Office-total-BUST-Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-973433. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on City College Fort Lauderdale

Financial Aid

AUTHOR: CityCollege - (United States of America)

Dear student, thank you for sharing your concern. We would like to get in contact with you to better explain your Financial Aid situation. At City College, we maintain a student-centered focus and our staff are held to the highest standards of professionalism and customer service. Our process is regulated by accrediting agencies and Federal government and we are following federal guidelines as it applies to financial aid. Our mission is to educate and train students in their chosen major for employment in specific career fields. At City we create an Extraordinary Educational Experience for our students.