Complaint Review: City Data Website

• Submitted: Thu, December 16, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, December 16, 2010

• Reported By: Toniolarabi — Prescott Arizona United States of America
City Data Website

City Data Website City-Data.com Censorship, Scam, Fraud, Unethical, False Advertising Prescott, Internet

I have posted to City Data website many, many times. Of all of my posts, about 75 percent have been deleted and have been censored. I have never been given a rational answer, even after I have contacted them several times. They claim to be a website for people who want to post factual information, however, unless it follows their Christian guidelines, they will delete your post. I have tried posting about HIV AIDS in my community, physician services and other very important information. Each time, I get deleted and punished. Their reasoning is typically saying that I am trying to cause tropuble, or it is inappropriate. This is after my postings have been read over 14,000 times!

Then, to add to their stupidity, they continually send me e-mails, asking me to come back and post, because the other readers are so interested in what I have posted.

After investigating and taking this to the top moderator, I find that these moderators are Christians, based in very Conservative Demographic areas, such as Utah. [continued below]....

This website is a farce and it should be exposed and taken down. Censorship is wrong and that is exactly what they do. My last post was taken down within five minutes, so I know I am on some kind of Blacklist they keep. People must know that the information on that site is censored, filtered and only Christian, conservative beliefs. Not that a disease of AIDS should be a liberal issue, but they feel it to be too controversial.

The website is a farce and they should post a public notification that this is a Conservative, Christian website and do not post anything that would be agianst the most radical Christian conservatives in the USA.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2010 09:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/City-Data-Website/internet/City-Data-Website-City-Datacom-Censorship-Scam-Fraud-Unethical-False-Advertising-Pres-672486. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on City Data Website