- Report: #734463
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: City-Data.com
City-Data.com Advameg, Inc. Realtor Collusion Scheme and Malware Site that Harms Your Computer, Internet
*Consumer Comment: I have experienced a similar incident
*UPDATE Employee: Statements by this banned forum user are absolutely untrue
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Also after being banned, I was having problems with my internet browser. I ran some anti-virus and diagnostics and found that city-data.com installed malware and spyware on my computer. I don't know if they do this to all users or only to "banned" users but either way it is very harmful and illegal.
Unfortunately the company is maintained offshore so it is difficult to impossible to have the owners of the site prosecuted in the United States (the fact that they're offshore is a dead giveaway that the site exists to conduct illegal activity).
I would advise all people to stay away from this site because:
1. The information is biased and carefully controlled by realtors with a monetary interest
2. The site will install malware/spyware on your computer without your consent
3. The site is owned by an offshore entity that clearly exists to conduct illicit activities
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2011 09:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/City-Datacom/internet/City-Datacom-Advameg-Inc-Realtor-Collusion-Scheme-and-Malware-Site-that-Harms-Your-Comp-734463. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.