Complaint Review: City Furniture

• Reported By: Andie — Sunrise Florida United States of America
City Furniture
6701 N. Hiatus Rd. Tamarac, FL 33321 Tamarac, Florida United States of America

City Furniture WORST COMPANY/CUSTOMER SERVICE Tamarac, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: I would like to assist.

I purchased a King size Serta Perfect Sleeper from City Furniture on March 2012. This bed was the WORST PURCHASE I HAVE EVER MADE REALLY! BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER! From the beginning it was a nightmare. Our sales rep Margaret Rivera was a joke. From the moment we walked in, Margaret rushed us into choosing a mattress. We sat on a few beds and by a few I mean three, thats all she allowed us. 10 minutes into bouncing from bed to bed and I couldnt make up my mind try being 8 months pregnant every bed feels like a rock so with Margaret breathing down our necks we decided on the Serta Perfect Sleeper. Ugh! I asked her to give us a few minutes to discuss privately she walked away and literally came back 2 minutes after saying ready! Seriously, who does that sicko?!? Yes, it was 15 minutes to closing time, but if you are making a $1,300 purchase then I would expect the sales rep to have a little patience especially if their getting a commission from it but no, not Margaret. We signed all the paperwork, paid for the mattress, finally stopped disturbing Margaret and took the mattress home. Here we go, let the nightmare begin.  First night sleeping on the bed not bad, First month, okay, why is the bed indenting and losing its shape?!? Fine, we turned it like it says on the care pamphlet. Two months in, why the f@%$ are the springs popping out?!? Yes, my $1,300 mattress turned into a $50 crap shack mattress but come to think of it the $50 mattress I bet would still be intact. Let the phone calls/b*tching begin. First to City Furniture, Phone call #1, Im sorry maam once the mattress leaves our warehouse it is not our responsibility. Really?! I dont think so my friend. Phone call #2, you must bring the mattress back to the warehouse and WE will determine if there is a problem. When pigs fly will I lug that POS back to your store! Phone call #3, oh, a spring is popping out, thats a manufacturer problem, you have to call Serta. By the third call to the incompetent customer service reps at City Furniture I had enough. I called and emailed Serta and finally three months in someone answered. Fast forward to today, we are still sleeping I mean trying not to get stabbed by our bed and still trying to resolve this issue with Serta customer service rep Asa. Stay tuned!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2012 11:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/City-Furniture/Tamarac-Florida-33321/City-Furniture-WORST-COMPANYCUSTOMER-SERVICE-Tamarac-Florida-916132. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on City Furniture

I would like to assist.

AUTHOR: Jan - (USA)

I am an employee of City Furniture and would like to assist the customer.  First off, I apologize that the customer had such a negative experience with us.  I would like the customer to email me with specific information, such as their name and invoice number.

I have some specific questions to ask the customer.   Did we explain the warranty and why the customer was advised to call Serta?  The warranty covers parts and labor but no transportaion costs.  This would include sending someone to the home to inspect the mattress.  Since Serta is the manufacturer not City Furniture, they handle their own warranty issues unless the customer paid for In Home Service.

Did we request pictures of the mattress?

Please email me directly at jano@cityfurniture.com and I will be happy to assist.