Complaint Review: City Lotto

• Submitted: Thu, November 29, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, November 29, 2007

• Reported By:Aurora Colorado
City Lotto
P> O> Box 87077 Niagra Falls, Ontario U.S.A.

City Lotto Issued worthless check Niagra Falls Ontario Canada

City Lotto sent letter dated Nov. 2, 2007 advising that my sweepstakes number won the 3rd category sweepstakes. They included a check for $3,550. with information that I was to call my claim agent Mr. Elvis Rivers at 289-888-1795 for further instructions.

The letter was auto signed by Carolyn Mobley, Prise Disbursement Manager.

Mr. Rivers told me that I was to deposit the check and then inform him when I had done so.

When I informed him of the deposit he instructed me to withdraw the money and wire it to LosAngeles where disbursement would be arranged. In a subsequent phone call he informed me that the $75,000. prize amount would be delivered be UPS.

When it was not delivered at the time stated I called and he told me that they had learned that the insurance and processing fee would be 10% of the prize amount instead of 5%. He stated that he was working on clarifying this and that he would advise me of the new delivery date.

When I withdrew the money the teller informed me that the money was avaliable. Several days later they informed me by mail that the City Lotto check had been returned for insufficient funds.

My calls to City Lotto are now routed to a recording.

They have a prominent website and appear to be a presence in Niagra Falls although I have not been able to determine a way to reach anybody except for the phone number that is no longer answered.

Please advise immediately.

Aurora, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2007 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/City-Lotto/Niagra-Falls-Ontario-L2E341/City-Lotto-Issued-worthless-check-Niagra-Falls-Ontario-Canada-287759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on City Lotto