Complaint Review: City Mattress

• Updated: Mon, May 20, 2013

• Reported By: H.G — Jensen Beach Florida
City Mattress
3451 NW Treasure Coast Dr Jensen Beach, Florida USA

City Mattress Sold me a premium priced mattress and adjustable base for 1,000 more than a competitor Jensen Beach Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Simply-Not True

*Consumer Comment: Now you know

I recently purchased a King Serta memory foam bed with an adjustable frame from City Mattress.  The bed itself is great, but a couple days ago I learned that the bed was sold to me close to 2,500 over the suggested retail price. I was informed by a sales rep at City Mattress that all of the memory foam beds have prices set by the manufaturer and any discounts are given by the store itself, but a friend of mine recently bought an identical set to mine from a competitor here in Jensen Beach, but paid 2,500 less.  When I called and asked my salesman about it, he said there are big sales going on right now for memorial day weekend.  I replied that I understand that, but a 2,500 difference seems very extreme to me so I did a little further investigating.

The maufacturers suggested price on my set with the adjustable base was 5399.00.  I was sold the set for 7899.00!!  I understand that there are memorial day sales going on and that mattress gets marked down, but a 2,500 difference does not seem right.  I also tried to take City Mattress up on the so called price match they offer, but I was told again by my salesman that price matches are not valid for am item on sale.

The whole transaction just left a very bad taste in my mouth from what I truly thought was a reputable company.  I will never do business with City Mattress again!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2013 03:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/City-Mattress/Jensen-Beach-Florida-34957/City-Mattress-Sold-me-a-premium-priced-mattress-and-adjustable-base-for-1000-more-than-1052437. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on City Mattress

Simply-Not True

AUTHOR: Rick - ()

This report is simply-Not True. We do not have a Mr. H. Grier in our customer file at City Mattress. Additionally we always sell Serta i-Comofrt for the lowest price allowed by the manufacturer. We guarantee our prices to be the lowest and if the same product is found elsewhere for less we will match it.

I suggest Mr. Grier double check his receipt to confirm his retailer. If in fact it was City Mattress and an error was made all that would need to be done is come into our store and have it resolved.

Now you know

AUTHOR: coast - ()

"the bed was sold to me close to 2,500 over the suggested retail price"

Merchants have the right to sell merchandise for any price they choose. They are not required to sell products at the MSRP. Now you know.