Complaint Review: City Of Los Angeles Parking Bureau

• Submitted: Mon, September 27, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, September 28, 2004

• Reported By:Gulf Breeze Florida
City Of Los Angeles Parking Bureau
PO Box 30968 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

City Of Los Angeles Parking Bureau ripoff Los Angeles California

*Consumer Comment: The City of L A is a-mockery in itself...

*Consumer Suggestion: It's Fraud, Dave. Do not pay. do not fork over $30 for a fraudulent ticket.

On Wednesday, September 22, 2004, I was vacationing and visiting near Venice Beach. I found an open parking space and inserted four (4) quarters into the parking meter. The meter read 1:00 so I was certain that the meter was working properly. After about 45 minutes, we returned to our rental vehicle, we were surprised to find a citation under the windshield wiper. My first reaction was to check the meter which read 0:12 indicating that 12 minutes remained on my meter. In the midst of my confusion, I spotted a Parking Enforcement Officer directly across the street, whom I thought could explain the mix up.

She was conferring with a colleague, so I politely waited with my question. I asked, why was I issued this citation (see enclosed copy)? She replied, read the citation. I answered, I did, but I don't understand. It reads parked over time limit' but the meter still reads 12 minutes. She replied, have a nice day, sir. I said, I'll have a nice day when you explain this citation. I continued, can you please cross the street and I'll show you the remaining time on my meter? Again, she said have a nice day, sir.

As you can understand, her taunting demeanor just frustrated me even further and only helped to make a bad situation even worse. It's not about $30. If I violated a law, I would pay the fine and take it as a learning experience for the next time I visit Los Angeles. It is clear that I was parked three spaces from the end and had 12 minutes remaining on the meter three spaces from the end. I can only assume that this citation was issued in error. The Parking Enforcement Officer (K. Humphrey) did not even give me the courtesy to justify a response.

If the City of Los Angeles would use my $30 to better train its employees, maybe I woudln't mind as much!

Dave
Gulf Breeze, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2004 08:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/City-Of-Los-Angeles-Parking-Bureau/Los-Angeles-California-32563/City-Of-Los-Angeles-Parking-Bureau-ripoff-Los-Angeles-California-110452. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on City Of Los Angeles Parking Bureau

The City of L A is a-mockery in itself...

AUTHOR: Richard - (U.S.A.)

DOES NOT SURPRISE ME...

Yes Marilynn, i agree. The City of L A is a-mockery in itself...

He should not pay the ticket. But what is the recourse for this? If it was a rental car... will the rental car agency flag him if he ever goes to rent another car from them? They can trace it to him as you know. Some of the rental companies contracts stipulate if you get a ticket that they will charge you/your credit card. Dave will have to read his contract. The best thing to have done was take a picture of this, I would think. But let me tell Dave... as i go up against this 800lb Gorilla ( the PVB) myself againt my ticket, i dont think Dave has any understanding what he is dealing with or upagainst. The PVB is a joke in a joke. Dealing with this place is like trying to talk to a wall. I wish Dave all the luck. You are in for one hell of a nightmare, as i know. Read my article and LEGITE proplem. Its' no wonder why we ( L A) have such bad tourism rap. I think Mr James Hahn, our Mayor should listen what people have to say. They/He want(s) the economics, but they are scaring people like Dave off. Dave, to hell with our city of Angels. As a lifelong resident of Los Angeles, i've seen bad get worse. But i do thank you for stopping by.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Marilynn - (U.S.A.)

Good grief, Dave, do not fork over $30 for a fraudulent ticket. The car can only be traced to the rental car agency, and you can tell them (or make a print out of your report to show them I suppose.) Then again would the agency dun your credit card for the car rental??

Well, do what you think you have to, but fraudulent parking citations in LA is a racket, and the people of Los Angeles are sick of it.
(Just read some of the ripoffreports on this site that have been filed over the last 2 years or so.
(Place the word "parking" in the space above the scrolling reports, then press "search" and you can just see all of them from Los Angeles.)

Parking ticket quotas have been prohibited by Calif. state law since 1/1/03, so it's anybody's guess what motivates unconscionable acts by people such as K.Humphrey to deliberately lie. Why was she hired and what was she told when hired?

#3 Consumer Suggestion