Complaint Review: City Of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau

• Updated: Fri, July 16, 2010

• Reported By: victim of govt bureaucracy — monterey park California USA
City Of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau
312 W 2nd Street Los Angeles, California United States of America

City Of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau PVB, LAPVB, City of LA Parking Violations, City of LA PVB, LADOT, City of Los Angeles Department of Transportation, Double Taxation Los Angeles, California

*Consumer Comment: LA Parking Violations Bureau Scam to get money

I appeared at State of CA Dept of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to renew my registration. I was informed to pay the renewal fees and smog fees and smog certificate and proof of financial responsibility and "Parking Tickets". With great effort I paid the DMV fees and the "Parking Ticket" fees and I received my license plate renewal sticker (Tags). Two weeks later I fell ill and did not work that day. I dragged myself out of bed and went outside to drive to the pharmacy and my car was missing from the street. Turns out it was towed away because I had parked it on the street-cleaning side of the street and City of LA PVB stated that I had outstanding tickets. I paid over $200 in impound fees and was not allowed to remove the car until I got a realease from PVB who stated that the tickets that I paid to the DMV had not been paid yet in their "system". I had to show proof of the payments given to me by the DMV, paid the ticket that was issued when the car was towed away and they gave me the realease. I asked the DOT (department of transportation) for a "Tow Hearing" for a refund of the tow fees as it was an error of City of LA and DMV for not crediting my account timely. The hearing officer said that they had "probable cause" to impound the vehicle and that I was responsible for the fees. I wrote the Mayor of the City of Los Angeles and he did not read my letter; instead, her referred me to another office who misquoted the dates of my tickets payment and stated that I had "five" outstanding tickets at the time my tow. This is "FALSE" but I guess you cant fight city hall... or can I? Please Help. Im a law abiding citizen that is frustrated with the kind of government bureaucracy that commissions another government agency to recover fees for another completely unrelated agency in onother jurisdiction and them fails to report the collection to the obliged creditor. They have spent $$Millions in new technology over the last 15 years to make the Interagency sharing of information accessible electronically yet they fail to make remunerations to protect the costomer's interest. I know of this because I too am a Gov't employee and I worked in the IT sector and know of all of their inside "dealings" and contractor "Corruption" bidding schemes and how they have the ability to remunerate these funds "ELECTRONICALLY" and in "REAL TIME". They MUST BE STOPPED. The PEOPLE demand it! Give me back my TOW FEES and my Punitive damage fees!!

Arias

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2010 01:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/City-Of-Los-Angeles-Parking-Violations-Bureau/Los-Angeles-California-90012/City-Of-Los-Angeles-Parking-Violations-Bureau-PVB-LAPVB-City-of-LA-Parking-Violations-C-585713. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on City Of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau

LA Parking Violations Bureau Scam to get money

AUTHOR: shantilly - (United States of America)

I have had a lot of trouble with the LA Parking Violations Bureau.  I too have had similar problems.  We can fight city hall.  It is wrong what they are doing to city residents, stealing money from us.

Please email me at (((Redacted))) so we can band together to fight them.