Complaint Review: City Of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau

• Updated: Sun, October 04, 2009

• Reported By: CaveatEmptor — SFV California USA
City Of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau
P.O. Box 30968 Los Angeles, California United States of America

City Of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau City of LA Parking Violations Bureau, City of LA, LA City Parking Violations SCAM: Eager City Workers Fraudulently Issuing Expired Tag Violations to Boost City Revenue Los Angeles, California

I was issued a parking ticket in May in violation of parking too far from the curb.  The ticket cited "18 inches" away from the curb, although it was not that far. I did not want to go through the hassle of contesting the ticket and simply paid the $50 fine.

A few days ago I was issued a parking ticket for expired tags even though my registration is current and does not expire until 2010. Ticket says current registration not visible, even though it is.  I then went to review the citation code and found RipOff Report's innumerable reviews about the City of LA.  Now I wish I had contested my previous ticket, though it seems unlikely I would have prevailed - at least without some stress.  I intend to dispute this ticket, however, as I have my proof of registration, etc.  This appears to be an attempt to generate revenue for the city, as expired tag violations are only $25 - they probably hope people will simply "pay off" the city to erase this presumed isolated instance of bad luck.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2009 04:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/City-Of-Los-Angeles-Parking-Violations-Bureau/Los-Angeles-California-90030/City-Of-Los-Angeles-Parking-Violations-Bureau-City-of-LA-Parking-Violations-Bureau-City-o-504030. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on City Of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau

readily