• Report: #419185

• Submitted: Mon, February 02, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 02, 2009

• Reported By:Riverside California
City Of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau
9911 West Pico Blvd., Ste. B-201, Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

City Of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau Received a ticket my mail I didn't know i had. Paid it on time so it wouldnt affect my regristration just to have them bill me penalties and then called them to find out that I even owed more than the ticket listed. Los Angeles California

February 1, 2009

PVB PAYMENTS
P.O. Box 30420
Los Angeles, CA 90030

To Whom It May Concern:
I received a Parking Violation number on or around December 8, 2008. I was unaware I had received this violation as there was not a ticket on my vehicle. I was driving my son's truck , registered owner Gregory Wilburn. When I received the violation in the mail I was surprised. I called your customer service number but they were unhelpful so I don't believe they should be called customer service!

I went ahead and mailed a payment to you on December 10, 2008 Check Number 2596 for the amount of $45.00 as I didn't want to affect my son Registration. I received another Statement on January 30, 2009. It stated I owed $55.00 I then called your customer service department to find out I now owe $79.00. She told me they didn't receive my $45.00 payment until December 24, 2008 so that was the penalties. I didn't even have the opportunity to pay the $55.00 based on the bill I just received. I told her this was ridiculous and I would send it to you by registered mail. She told me not to bother as no one could sign for it.

What kind of business are you running In Los Angeles? This is unacceptable and will write whoever will listen, Mayor, Chief of Police and the Rip Off Report!!!

Kim W

Cc: Mayor Antonia Villaraigosa
200 North Spring Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012

Kim
Riverside, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2009 02:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/City-Of-Los-Angeles-Parking-Violations-Bureau/Los-Angeles-California-90030/City-Of-Los-Angeles-Parking-Violations-Bureau-Received-a-ticket-my-mail-I-didnt-know-i-ha-419185. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on City Of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau