Complaint Review: City Of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau

• Submitted: Thu, August 28, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 28, 2008

• Reported By:LA California
City Of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau
PO Box 30247 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

I received a citation in the mail stating that i stopped in a red zone but drove away before the officer was able to physically attach the citation to my vehicle. I had never seen anything so absurd before! First of all, if i was stopped in a no-stopping zone long enough to warrant a ticket, i imagine the officer would have had enough time to walk out and physically present it to me. What happened to the days when officers were there to serve and protect the public? It would have been so easy to walk over and ask me to move my car if i was, in fact stopped in the wrong place. It seems to me that the system is no longer set up to protect the tax paying, law abiding citizens, but to squeeze more money out of us. It seems to be resembling the mafia system more than a government.
I sent in a letter to contest this ticket, since i don't have any recollection of the event, and i certianly would have moved my car had an officer actually approached me--so it seems like an ambush tactic that makes no sense from a "serve and protect" standpoint.
I had to pay the ticket since my letter to contest the citation was rejected.

I have read many similar complaints on this website--and if this is indeed a private company and not a government agency running this scam, i am interested in joining a class action law suit.

Julie l
LA, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2008 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/City-Of-Los-Angeles-Parking-Violations-Bureau/Los-Angeles-California-90030/City-Of-Los-Angeles-Parking-Violations-Bureau-UNFAIR-TICKETING-PRACTICES-I-BELIEVE-EXTORT-367885. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on City Of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau