Complaint Review: City Sights NY

• Submitted: Wed, May 28, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 27, 2008

• Reported By:Catonsville Maryland
City Sights NY
234 West 42nd Street New York, New York U.S.A.

City Sights NY City Sights overcharges your credit card for multiple trips! Starting with the internet. RIP OFF! New York New York

*Author of original report: CitySights NY

*Author of original report: CitySights NY, New York, New York

I tried to book a tour in Manhattan via the internet, and gave them my credit card number. I never received an email confirmation of that transaction, and they billed my credit card $100.00. The next day, I called their customer service department with the telephone number provided to see if I could upgrade the trip. As it turns out when you call the customer service number you are talking to Long Island, and these people will tell you that they do not have access to the online transaction numbers (Brooklyn). The only way they can help you is to rebook an entirely new trip and charge your credit card.

What happened to me is that on the same day I called customer service, I see on my credit card that I was charged $100.00 from City Sights, Brooklyn, and the Customer Service Department, Long Island, billed my credit card three separate transactions of $108.00, $30.00, and $2.00! I had to ask what were the extra transactions for? So, I was informed that if I write to the company with one of the transaction numbers and tell them I want a refund for an unused tour, I will be refunded in two or three weeks, via company check, they will not credit the credit card. So, I wrote them.

Then when I got to New York, I found that I had been charged for double the tickets to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. I only wanted two tickets, not four! What was Long Island thinking? The gentlemen behind the desk in NYC, told me he would make sure I got credit for the extra $30.00 charge, and it would show up on my next credit card statement! I am still trying to find out what the $2.00 charge is for.

Don't get me wrong, the City Sights Tour was a decent tour, and I did see the tourist stops that I wanted, but the company seriously over charged my credit card by $132.00, and three different people have told me three different interpretations as to how or when I will get my money back. It seems that Long Island does not know what Brooklyn is doing and vice versa. I didn't even get an email confirmation from the , Brooklyn, internet booking!

City Sights, get me my money back pronto! Allow Brooklyn and Long Island to work together! People, do not even attempt to book online. You will not know what you are getting, and Long Island (customer service) will tell you they do not know either. Customer Service may screw it up too, but at least you will get an email confirmation to work with. Does this mean that the company functions on: 'OOPS! I made a mistake! But I can hold onto your money for at least a month.'Rip Off! Do not make this worse!

Mary
Catonsville, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2008 07:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/City-Sights-NY/New-York-New-York-11101/City-Sights-NY-City-Sights-overcharges-your-credit-card-for-multiple-trips-Starting-with-335085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on City Sights NY

CitySights NY

AUTHOR: Mary - (U.S.A.)

Thank you RipOff Report.com.
City Sights NY, Brooklyn and Long Island, has completely reimbursed me for all of the overcharges on my credit card. I want to thank City Sights for coming forward to say that they are a reputable company. I just got notice of the final $30.00 today. They have not yet explained the $2.00 charge, but at this point I am one happy customer. I would recommend CitySights NY to anyone wanting to tour NYC, because the people on the tour bus were nice, and even helped my group to not get lost, in NYC, when we were late, and told us what subway to take and where! but just be careful how you order what you want. Regards!

CitySights NY, New York, New York

AUTHOR: Mary - (U.S.A.)

Since filing a Rip Off Report, CitySights NY, has already reimbused me the $100.00 Overcharge from Brooklyn, via crediting my credit card! Now I am waiting for the credit of the $30.00 for the extra tickets I was charged. Also, an explanation of the additional $2.00 charge, would help. Thank you Rip Off Report!!!