Complaint Review: City Sights

• Submitted: Fri, March 02, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, March 02, 2012

• Reported By: Jose — m Florida U.S.A.
City Sights
1430 Broadway Suite 507. NY, New York United States of America

City Sights Smart Destinations False Refund Policy NY, New York

Explanation of refund request: These tickets were sold with the agreement that the attendants were to use my Iphone to scan the bar code so we could gain entry to these attractions. We had nothing BUT PROBLEMS. I was told that I did not need to print these out. Just use my Iphone and the attendants are trained to scan from my iphone. NOT TRUE!!!!The boat tickets (attached) were sold later in the day, we found the location on 42nd St. to change the voucher into ticket, after a long time in line and being told by the 1st attendant that this process with the iphone scanning the bar code was NOT valid, and he did not know what we were talking about!.

Then we were told that the last boat leaves at 3:30, buy the time we were able to get there the boat was gone. This place that changes the voucher to tickets are not informed of the program, do not know how to use a scanner and were not willing to cooperate also,  at the Empire State Building and Museum of Natural History. I was using my Iphone per your instructions, and at BOTH the attendants refused to accept. They  had NO training on the program and what you advertise as being able to use my Iphone is NOT true. The merchants will give you a difficult time and have NO training on the to process of scanning bar codes on smartphones. For the money saved it was not worth the Hassel and time consumed arguing with them and making the trip miserable because of this. that we received from the clerks!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2012 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/City-Sights/NY-New-York-10018/City-Sights-Smart-Destinations-False-Refund-Policy-NY-New-York-847640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on City Sights