Complaint Review: City of Chicago Dept. of Revenue

• Updated: Tue, August 23, 2011

• Reported By: Jasper R. Hooks — chgo Illinois United States of America
City of Chicago Dept. of Revenue
333 S. State st, Chgo. IL 60604 Chicago, Illinois United States of America

City of Chicago Dept. of Revenue assigned false tickets to my record,resulting in suspension of my drivers licsense. Chicago, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Curious

*General Comment: false tickets and violations

I went to the Dept  of revenue to pay four outstanding parking tickets. I was informed after six yrs. of haveing a clean licsense, that their was $5000.00 in unpaid parking tickets in my name.  I went next door and requested a hearing on this matter.  The Dept. of Revenue Adminstrative Officer would not intertain my arguement that i did not get these tickets. Furthermore that i did not have a vehicle registered in any state during the ime in question (Oct 1997 thru Feb 2003) I submitted legal doumentation from the Secretary State Office attesting to this fact.

I'v recently been informed that the tickets are to old, and i will have to pay them if i want my drivers licsense privilege reinstated. I Have recently been informed of this matter,i reiterate for six yrs.I've had a clean licsense.

Can anybody out their give me some suggestions. I dont have the funds to hirer a lawyer, I am a person with disabilites and my only income is my SSI check.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2011 04:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/City-of-Chicago-Dept-of-Revenue/Chicago-Illinois-60604/City-of-Chicago-Dept-of-Revenue-assigned-false-tickets-to-my-recordresulting-in-suspens-751435. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on City of Chicago Dept. of Revenue

Curious

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

It looks like you choose your words very carefully...
....
i reiterate for six yrs.I've had a clean licsense

- You don't say you didn't have a vehicle..just that you didn't have a vehicle "registered".  You also say you submitted documentation from the SS Office.  Was that for every state or just IL?  Because I doubt that the Secretary of State of IL would certify that you didn't have a vehicle in Oregon or Florida.  You also make it clear that it has been 6 years?  So did not not have a license during that time or was it not "clean" for other reasons?

I say this because parking tickets would be tied to a specific vehicle either by License Plate and/or VIN.  Do you have access to this information?  Because wouldn't it be a better course of action to prove that you were not the owner of the specific vehicles in question?

If you are 100% sure that you were not a registered owner of a vehicle at that time, and they refuse to give you the vehicle information for the tickets.  Then while I normally don't suggest this I would suggest that you talk to one of the consumer reporters at your local news station and tell them your story.

#2 General Comment

false tickets and violations

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

The department of revenue in Chicago is definantly dirty, and they play dirty and lie. They falsely accused me of the same violation two days in a row. I was guilty on one, but was not even in Chicago the second day. What can we do, who can help us? I and a retiring carpenter and also can not afford a lawyer.

anticipation