rank

• Updated: Tue, July 16, 2013

• Reported By: BDE — Dallas Texas
City of Dallas
Dallas, Texas USA

City of Dallas Placed Parking Ticket On My Credit Report. Ticket Less Than $100.00. I have NO KNOWLEDGE of Ticket and I recieved NO NOTIFICATION of Ticket. There was no DUE PROCESS. Even After It's Paid It Will Affect Me For Years To Come. SHAME ON CITY OF DALLAS. RUTHLESS B*STARDS. Dallas Texas

I just so happened to pull my credit report and a company called XEROX STATE AND LOCAL SO  has placed a parking violation on my credit report for less than $100.00 from the City of Dallas. I have no knowledge of this parking violation and don't ever remember getting it. I was never sent any notification of a parking violation either. The city of Dallas nor any local government should be able to immediately put traffic violations and fines on a person's credit report. This will damage my credit for years to come. Even AFTER it is paid.

There is an obscure concept in the law which states something to the effect of there shall be no punishment over and above the crime meaning that the punishment has to fit the crime. I don't understand how damaging my credit report for several years for a parking violation of less than $100. [continued below]....

.....00 is merited.

I will file a lawsuit against the City of Dallas because this doesn't make sense. They will be damaging millions of people's credit reports needlessly.

XEROX STATE AND LOCAL SO

Original Creditor: CITY OF DALLAS (PARKING) GOVERNMENT

Original Amount: >$100.00

LOAN TYPE: COLLECTION AGENCY/ATTORNEY

ESTIMATED MONTH AND YEAR THIS ITEM WILL BE REMOVED: 12/2018

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2013 03:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/City-of-Dallas-/Dallas-Texas-75265/City-of-Dallas-Placed-Parking-Ticket-On-My-Credit-Report-Ticket-Less-Than-10000-I-hav-1067341. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on City of Dallas