Complaint Review: City of Garland

• Submitted: Sun, December 22, 2002
  • Updated: Sun, December 22, 2002

• Reported By:garland Texas
City of Garland
222 carver Garland, Texas U.S.A.

City of Garland code complience officer, Cheryl Reno Corruption, liar throughout Garland Texas abused & mistreated Garland Texas

We had a fence that required some maintenance at times, espesialy when it stormed. We received a letter while out of town, from code , to fix the storm damaged fence. We got home, fixed the fence, read the letter and called the code officer. The fence had a slight lean to it, but was sturdy, and safe, and i told Cherly reno that the fence was scheduled to be removed as soon as they could get here to do it.

A couple a weeks went by, and i gotr another letter of violation stating there were missing panels in ther fence. There were not. So I called them ageain and again told them that the fence would be removed, as soon as our three week rain quit.

I was told, okay I will extend you. Then, i get a ticket in the mail for 150.00 for a violation that didnt exist,"Allow Missing panels."They were called again, and I was told that another extention would be granted. hmmmmmmm. They put the ticket through anyway, and npow were have to pat 270.00. What a crock.

There are hundreds of code violations in our neighborhood, that are never addressed. Heck..they sent me a letter a year ago about my trees, that i spent three weeks on, then camr and trimmed them, without our knowlege, and demanded 275.00 for the service. The trees were not out of code. We must organize, and stop the shakedown and abuse of our citizens.

Garland, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2002 02:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/City-of-Garland/Garland-Texas-75044/City-of-Garland-code-complience-officer-Cheryl-Reno-Corruption-liar-throughout-Garland-T-38958. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on City of Garland