This post and additional linked details are found at http://blog.anthemvoice.org/2012/11/17/federal-suit-filed-by-bob-frank-tim-stebbins-lists-9-law-violations-by-henderson-police-during-2010-2012-false-arrest-and-abuse/
It is believed this a truly unique national case of police abuse and political retaliation of senior citizens for requesting law enforcement assistance to investigate and prosecute suspected HOA Board officer financial crimes involving missing $3.7 Million of surplus assessments.
It is well known that local law enforcement agencies across the nation hate to be asked to investigate suspected HOA white-collar crimes. This federal civil rights suit against the Henderson Police Department was filed after unsubstantiated charges by the police against a pair of seniors in Henderson, NV. were dismissed for lack of evidence.
"This is to announce that a Federal Civil Rights Complaint containing 9 alleged Constitutional violations has been filed by Defense Attorney Cal Potter on November 16, 2012 for Air Force Retired Colonel Robert Frank and Mr. Tim Stebbins against the Henderson, NV City Police Department.
The allegations are that the City of Hendersons false arrest, false imprisonment, and reckless
disregard for the physical safety and civil rights of Frank and Stebbins flagrantly violated the First, Fourth and Fourteenth Amendments to the US Constitution.
The many counts of included federal law violations by Henderson Police Sgt. Jeffery Farley, former
Police Chief Jutta Chambers, and up to 10 others (to be named) include such as:
- False Arrest
- False Imprisonment
- Intentional, malicious and conscious disregard of Franks and Stebbins Constitutional Rights
- Reckless disregard as to the falsity of the publicized matter of the warrant for criminal arrest
- Acted with deliberate indifference, gross negligence, and reckless disregard to the safety, security, and constitutional and statutory rights of Frank and Stebbins
- Filed factually inaccurate and/or factually incorrect affidavits for arrest warrants
- Failed to adequately train, supervise, and control subordinates in the arts of law enforcement
- Failed to adequately discipline deputies or civilian employees for having the belief they can violate the rights of persons such as Colonel Frank and Mr. Stebbins with impunity, and that such conduct will not adversely affect their opportunities for promotion and other employee benefits
- Ordered, authorized, acquiesced in, tolerated, or permitted other defendants to engage in the unlawful and unconstitutional violations based on either a deliberate plan by the Police Department or on the defendants deliberate indifference, gross negligence, or reckless disregard for the safety, security and and constitutional and statutory rights of Frank and Stebbins.
- Included willful, malicious, and intentionally false statements in the Police Department Affidavit against Frank and Stebbins,
In other words, Henderson Police Department Sgt. Farley and Chief Chambers knew, or should have known, that the criminal probable cause affidavit used to arrest and hold Stebbins and Frank was knowingly false.
For your convenience, the request for investigation, Chief Chambers letter to drop the case, and
the arrest affidavit are at these links:
The responsible City of Henderson leaders must be held accountable for allowing such a miscarriage of justice and abuse of police authority to be created and permitted to exist for almost 2 years.
Here is the 22-page federal law suit in PDF format:
See records under this link for some of the many background documents on this case.