Complaint Review: City of Raleigh, NC Public Utilities

• Updated: Wed, January 02, 2013

• Reported By: Hosed Down — Raleigh North Carolina United States of America
City of Raleigh, NC Public Utilities
PO Box 71081 Charlotte, North Carolina United States of America

City of Raleigh, NC Public Utilities Despite being aware I no longer live at this address, they continue to add to a bil they say I am responsible for Charlotte, North Carolina

Despite my ex-landlady contacting them to have the water service connected in her name after I left the property, the City of Raleigh continues to bill me, adding charges for such things as coming out to the property to re=-diconnect the service for "non-payment" when the landlady turns it back on. I contacted them by phone and they informed me that I am responsible for the $567 water bill they just keep adding to - even though they are perfectly aware I no longer reside at this residence and it is sitting vacant. I have volntarily stated I will pay what I owe up to my move-out date, but they simply intend to rip me off and use the threat of "collections" to do so.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2013 07:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/City-of-Raleigh-NC-Public-Utilities/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28272/City-of-Raleigh-NC-Public-Utilities-Despite-being-aware-I-no-longer-live-at-this-address-989813. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on City of Raleigh, NC Public Utilities