Complaint Review: Civil War Times

• Updated: Thu, January 17, 2013

• Reported By: Jeff — United States of America
Civil War Times
Palm coast, Florida United States of America

Civil War Times Weider History Network DECEPTIVE Billing Practices Palm coast, Florida

I have been a subscriber of this company since the 1970's and recently caught on to their deceptive billing practices.

My subscription was paid last yeat yet I continue every month to get notices of payment due etc ...  I finally was confused and called a few months ago and the CSR confirmed that  my subscription was paid through Feb/Mar 2013 issue but said that they send these letters out anyway.

Today I received another billing statement stating - Urgent Notice - Fifth Request for Payment

And stating that after four previous requests and now my renewal was SUSPENDED ! In the interest of maintaining your GOOD CREDIT to make payment so we can CLEAR YOUR ACCOUNT!

This is clearly a deecptive practice to intimidate and confuse customers into thinking they owe them money for the subscrition and trying to coerce them into making paymen.t I'm sure to keep their customer base and renewals higher but I  would bet others have been confused and just paid them.

I'm am really shocked with them at this point and will not order their magazine any longer. I'm sure other customers have been misled by the language and format they use to make this appear like a collection demand letter and that you are delinquent on the account!

This is the principle of the matter ONLY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2013 09:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Civil-War-Times/Palm-coast-Florida-32142/Civil-War-Times-Weider-History-Network-DECEPTIVE-Billing-Practices-Palm-coast-Florida-998901. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Civil War Times