Complaint Review: Claire's Stores Inc

• Updated: Wed, August 13, 2014

• Reported By: Consumer Advocate — South Dakota
Claire's Stores Inc
Nationwide USA

Claire's Stores Inc, Claires Boutique, www.claires.com The retailer Claire's AKA claires.com debited $105.63 from my account and is literally refusing to ship my order OR issue refund! Pembroke Pines Florida

Claire's Stores Inc, AKA Claires Boutique, AKA Claires.com debited $105.63 from my checking / PAYPAL account, yet they are refusing to ship me the items I paid for. They are claiming the order I placed "may or may not" be fraudulent. At the same time, they have taken my money and are refusing to send me a refund. They are claiming I was never charged for the items, when clearly I paid in full at the time of purchase.  The debit from both my PAYPAL and checking account has been confirmed.
The Claire's customer service supervisor I spoke with on the phone, actually hung up on me. Hands down one of the most bizarre online experiences I've ever had. This was simply an order for Children's jewelry and hair bows...placed by ME and charged to MY account.  Paid in full!
I've actually had to file an official complaint with PAYPAL to get my money back.  What a hassle!  I am requesting a refund in full. I will also be contacting the Better Business Bureau as well as every other Consumer Fraud Agency I can find. I also think it's worth mentioning that Claire's has an F rating with the Better Business Bureau...many consumer complaints similar to mine.
The following has been copied/pasted directly from the BBB website.  Enough!

Claire's Stores, Inc.

Phone: (954) 433-3900Fax: (954) 433-3999

3 SW 129th Avenue, Pembroke Pines, FL 33027

BBB® Non-Accredited F Rating

On a scale of A+ to F

Reason for RatingBBB Ratings System Overview

- See more at: http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/business-reviews/general-merchandise-retail/claires-stores-in-pembroke-pines-fl-27000873#sthash.xdgDJJza.dpuf

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2014 01:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Claires-Stores-Inc/nationwide/Claires-Stores-Inc-Claires-Boutique-wwwclairescom-The-retailer-Claires-AKA-claires-1169441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Claire's Stores Inc