Complaint Review: Claridge Inn

• Submitted: Sun, July 19, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, July 19, 2009

• Reported By:Overton Nevada
Claridge Inn
1187 S Bluff St St George, Utah U.S.A.
  • Phone: 435-673-7222
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Claridge Inn Needle in the Bed St George Utah

I have stayed at the Claridge several time over the years, it's a budget hotel but has been reasonable. During a visit in May of 2009 (our 3 stay in 6 months) when adjusting my self in the bed something cut my foot. Upon investigation it was a long needle that was between the mattress and the matress pad.

We went to the office to voice our concerns we were told that it couldn't have happened there. My foot developed an infection that had to be treated with antiboitics and because it was a needle stick I have had to have blood test drawn for various diseases, these will be repeated in six months. In the meantime, my husband and I have to practice "safe" sex, I cannot give blood for a year and I am quite nervous about hotel stays.

The hotel's insurance company has agreed to pay medical bills, but sent a letter stating that after their investigation the hotel was not negilent. Then who was, I paid for a clean and safe room????

Overton, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2009 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Claridge-Inn/St-George-Utah-84770/Claridge-Inn-Needle-in-the-Bed-St-George-Utah-471284. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Claridge Inn