Complaint Review: Clark Motors

• Submitted: Sun, August 10, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, August 10, 2008

• Reported By:methuen Massachusetts
Clark Motors
Pelham Street Methuen, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Clark Motors tried to charge for brakes i did not need Methuen Massachusetts

i went to clark motors on pelham street in methuen mass to have a oil switch put on my car. The next day i get a call from the service manager telling me they checked my brakes and 90% of my pads were gone i needed rotors and the price would be 450 dollars to fix the problem. I told them that was a little pricey and i would have it done else where. Well i brought my car to my regular mechanic and left it there telling him to replace the front brakes. I get a call from him later and he said what makes you think you need brakes i told him clark motors said 90% of my pads are gone. he said your brakes are fine you will get at least 20,000 more miles and your rotors are fine too. i called clark motors back to find out why they said i needed brakes and i first spoke to manager he said i dont know ill look into it and get back to you.

Later in the day i get a call from the owner and he tells me maybe they made a mistake or it was the back brakes bring it in so i can see. what really bugs me is i had 1600 dollar of work done there 6 months earlier because they said i needed water pump and timing belt. I WONDER IF THAT WAS TRUE. WELL ANY WAY THEY TRIED TO BEAT ME FOR 450 DOLLARS. AND GAVE ME SOME LAME ANSWER WHEN THEY WERE CALLED ON IT. i will never trust them again and i purchased the car there and have been doing the service there never again BEWARE

Larry
methuen, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2008 06:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clark-Motors/Methuen-Massachusetts-01844/Clark-Motors-tried-to-charge-for-brakes-i-did-not-need-Methuen-Massachusetts-361393. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clark Motors