Complaint Review: Class 1 Pavers and Remodelers

• Updated: Mon, July 21, 2014

• Reported By: Matt — South Euclid Ohio
Class 1 Pavers and Remodelers
1481 Warrensville Center Rd South Euclid, Ohio USA

Class 1 Pavers and Remodelers New Roof Leaks - Owner Takes No Responsibility South Euclid Ohio

I hired Class 1 Pavers and Re-modelers to replace the roof on my house. Their initial representatives were very helpful in helping me pick a color and style, however, the first problem occurred when they came to do the work they tore off the old roof and left the job with the bare wood exposed. I was told that the city came by to inspect their work and the roofers left the permit in their office that was at this point, closed for the day. Luckily it didn‘t rain that night, otherwise it could have been tragic. Nevertheless, the next day they came back and finished the roof. I am not roofer but from looking up at It, it looked great, however after a few rains, my back room began to leak. This leak continued to get worse and spread throughout the room. I contacted the owner of the company, Gary Wisniewski. [continued below]....

..... I spoke to him very politely and professionally, but Gary was very rude and obnoxious. He screamed at me saying that the leak was not due to the roof (without even coming to view the damage). So I had another roofing company come to my house to get their opinion and they determined that the leak was caused due to the roofers skipping a step (not using drop flashing, which caused water to get in behind the siding. I called Class 1 back and Gary yelled at me again. Very, VERY rude this man. He said it still wasn't his job that was the issue. I politely proceeded to him what the other company said, and so he had his roofers come back again to take a look. When they did, they saw the issue right away and acknowledged that it was, in fact, due to their negligence in skipping that step. They proceeded to caulk the gap (not put in flashing, but rather squirting caulk in [seems half-ass'd to me]) and the issue had been completely fixed. I contacted Gary, the owner and asked him what he planned to about the ceiling and walls in my back room that were ruined due to the leaking. His response was, "Stop harassing me, we fixed your leak as a courtesy and it's not our problem you have damage". He refuses to do anything about this and on top of it all I am afraid that all of the accumulated water in the ceiling has caused mold up there, which is an even bigger issue. This mans attitude is completely unacceptable and he is the most unprofessional human being I have ever dealt with. If they continue to refuse to fix the damage, I will have no choice but to sue them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2014 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Class-1-Pavers-and-Remodelers/South-Euclid-Ohio-44121/Class-1-Pavers-and-Remodelers-New-Roof-Leaks-Owner-Takes-No-Responsibility-South-Euclid-1163800. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Class 1 Pavers and Remodelers