Complaint Review: Classic Cabinetry By Knapp

• Submitted: Fri, February 04, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, February 04, 2005

• Reported By:Chaska Minnesota
Classic Cabinetry By Knapp
6973 West Broadway Brooklyn Park, Minnesota U.S.A.

Knapp Classic Cabinetry Tried to charge me for a warranty repair. Ripoff! Brooklyn Park Minnesota

I bought cabinets from Classic Cabinetry by Knapp for my new home. I contacted them because 3 of the drawers need to be replaced. They were falling apart. This was 2 weeks after the warranty was up, but they acknowledged that they knew about the problem and would honor the warranty.

When I brought home the new drawers (after waiting 3 weeks for them) they would not fit in my cabinets. They were too narrow. I called them and was told they were the proper size and I must not know how to put a drawer in. ;-) They told me that they should measure 10 3/8" wide. When I went home and measured them they were under 10 1/4". I called the next day to tell them that they were not 10 3/8" I was scoffed at. So, now I can't put a drawer in correctly and I am too stupid to use a tape measure.

I was told there would be a charge if they had to come out and prove that they were the correct size. I challenge them to prove me wrong. He said he would have someone come and look at them. The day they were suppose to show up, no one came. When I called them I was told they were going to come to my house and make them fit by adjusting the tracks and there would be a charge. I asked them why they didn't just replace the drawers with drawers of the same size as I purchased and I was told again that these drawers were the right size.

If they were the right size why did the tracks need to be adjusted? It appear to me that they were going to try and charge me no matter what. And this was for a warranty issue. By replacing the drawers in the first place under warranty they are admitting responsibility for the problem as far as I am concerned. If they had given me the proper drawers in the first place this wouldn't have been a problem. Now they are trying to charge me for their mistake.

They refused to help without charging me money. I called the manufacturer and they had another distributor in my area call me and he took care of it. He was wonderful. I would not recommend doing business with Classic Cabinetry by Knapp. They were very rude.

Chaska, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2005 01:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Classic-Cabinetry-By-Knapp/Brooklyn-Park-Minnesota-55428/Knapp-Classic-Cabinetry-Tried-to-charge-me-for-a-warranty-repair-Ripoff-Brooklyn-Park-Mi-130139. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Classic Cabinetry By Knapp