Complaint Review: Classic Chassis...Brian Clark

• Updated: Thu, April 28, 2011

• Reported By: Angela — Broadway North Carolina United States of America
Classic Chassis...Brian Clark
3951 Airline Drie Fayetteville, North Carolina United States of America

Classic Chassis...Brian Clark Brian Clark Con Artist and Fraudulent Business Fayetteville, North Carolina

I took my 1974 Chevrolet Monte Carlo to Classic Chassis to have it painted, engine work, exhaust, Heating/AC installation and other restoration items done.  Brian Clark assured me that though it was known for Mustang Restoration that his shop and workers were more than able/capbale to restore my Chevy.  I notified him that I was deploying for 15 months and would like to have the vehicle completely restored upon my redeployment.  He told me the work would take about 6 months max.  The car was dropped off November 2007, and Brian informed me that he would start after Thanksgiving Break.  I set up an automatic payment through Bill Pay to Classic Chassis each month after paying $3500 deposit.  Over the course of my deployment Brian led me to believe my car was being worked on via email.  Upon return for R&R (July 2008) I stopped by Classic Chassis unnanounced to find out that my car was sitting untouched!!  At this time, Brian had received approximately $10,000 from me.  I discussed my displeasure but had to go back to Iraq a few days later.

Upon redeployment in November 2008, I called Brian about my car, informing him that I would stop by the shop at which time he informed me the shop was closing for the holidays and his crew had a car show to attend and would not be available until  after the New Year 2009.  Due to the fact, I had surgery and recovery I did not make it to the shop until May 2009, in which I was scheduled to pick up the vehicle.  Upon arrival the car I immediately noticed the car was in the same condition as it was when I dropped it off.  Upset, I told Brian I wanted a full refund and that I would be back the very next morning with a trailer to tow the car.  I went back the next morning to find the entire interior of the car removed!   This was clearly to keep me from being able to move the vehicle!!!  I video taped the incident and immediately asked to speak to Brian who was conveniently unavailable.  I left the shop very upset and told Dave (asst manager) to contact Brian and have him call me asap.  I called Brian's personal cell to no success.  After waiting at the shop for nearly 2 hours Brian never arrived nor returned my phone call until days later.  During this time they began working on the vehicle.  I went back several times to pick up the vehicle during the time Brian assured me the vehicle would be ready...in short it was never complete.  Finally, September 2009, I again told Brian I wanted my car and a refund for any incomplete work.

Approximately 30 OCT 2009, I picked up my vehicle and asked for our agreed warranty paperwork for the work he completed.  It was never given to me.  He told me to call if I had any problems and they would fix any problems.   I called Brian several times to fix several things I found.  The first thing was my exhaust on one side of the car was rubbing my tire.  After getting the run around I end of paying Meneke Muffler on Yadkin Road to repair the exhaust.  I took the vehicle back o/a FEB 2010 for an inoperable Heating/AC in which they unprofessionally rigged the wiring and put a switch under the dash to turn the unit on/off. I also took the vehicle for a gas leak off the carburetor.  Though I only put approximately 300 miles on the car since I picked it up, the newly installed engine began knocking OCT 2010, I called Brian he informed me that he was going out of town but he would call me to take a look at the car.  I called over 10 times for him to check my engine and in short, I haven't been able to get in touch with Brian nor to get my engine examined nor fixed per the warranty agreement.  I just re-purchased a new 350 short block engine and had it installed 15 April 2011, in which the mechanic pointed out a plethora of issues with Brian/Classic Chassis work.  There are parts missing from the classic installed engine and several other mechanical issues that I paid for but not completed.  To date, Brian has not complied with the agreement, warranty nor called back.  I've since had to pay additional money to fix my car...to include a new engine!  The list goes on and on in regards to the unprofessional, unethical work of Brian Clark and his business, The classic chassis.  I initally thought the issues of me getting my car restored after paying thousands of dollars was attributed to me being deployed and a female but to find out he has done so many folks wrong is very concerning.  Please don't hesitate to contact me for a class action law suit!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2011 02:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Classic-ChassisBrian-Clark/Fayetteville-North-Carolina-28306/Classic-ChassisBrian-Clark-Brian-Clark-Con-Artist-and-Fraudulent-Business-Fayetteville-723293. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Classic Chassis...Brian Clark