Complaint Review: Classic Closeouts

• Submitted: Tue, September 02, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, September 02, 2008

• Reported By:Palos Hills Illinois
Classic Closeouts
www.classiccloseouts.com New York, New York U.S.A.

Classic Closeouts Fraudulent Charges To Credit Card BEWARE CLASSICCLOSEOUTS.COM New York New York

I too, have been caught by ClassicCloseouts.com's fraudulent charges to my credit card. The one and only time I purchased from Classic Closeouts was back in 2003. At the time of my purchase I was still going by my maiden name and at that time current address. I married in 2006, changed all my personal information and credit cards to my married name and new address. I get my credit card statement in July only to see there was a charge for $69.99 from Classic Closeouts from 7/18/08. I haven't ordered anything from them in almost five years. I immediately called my credit card company to dispute the charge and tried to call and email Classic Closeouts several times with of course, NO RESPONSE. I did an interenet search as well and saw all the other people who have had the same experience and then filed a complaint with the better business burearu.

I mistakenly left my credit card info on Classic Closeouts website but again, my name and address had changed and my card expired in 2006 too. I don't know how my credit card company approved this charge if Classic Closeouts used my old name and expiration but I have since cancelled the card anyway.

This company needs to be put out of business immediately and the owners/directors should never be allowed to do business anywhere. I feel sorry for all those people who don't regularly check the credit card statements and have paid this charge. This is clearly a case of FRAUD!!!!!!

Diane in chicago
Palos Hills, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2008 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Classic-Closeouts/New-York-New-York/Classic-Closeouts-Fraudulent-Charges-To-Credit-Card-BEWARE-CLASSICCLOSEOUTSCOM-New-York-N-369019. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Classic Closeouts