Complaint Review: Classic Closeouts

• Reported By:Oldsmar Florida
Classic Closeouts
www.classiccloseouts.com Internet U.S.A.

Classic Closeouts - ThirdFree.com Unauthorized Charges Hempstead New York

This company charged 59.99 to my credit card and I never purchased ANYTHING from them!! I first tried to contact them when the charge showed up on my bill and got an automated system saying leave a message with a name and call back number and your call would be returned. Waited 3 days...of course they never returned my call so I filed a dispute with my credit card....they removed the charge but that was only temporary. The company sent them a letter saying I did make the charge by signing up for some membership on their sister site ThirdFree.com. NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THEM!!! They said it was through a special offer email invitation...I delete all email I do not recognize without even opening...no way!!! I just tried to call the company again thinking it would be easier than having to go through the red tape of filing a fraud case, this time a person answered the phone and said leave your name and number and someone will call you back..I informed them that they didn't call back the last time and their response was that was all they can do at which time I told them I am filing a fraud case against them and he hung up on me. I will now report them for fraud and will have to close my credit card account and open a new one but it I will not pay for something I did not charge!!!

Oldsmar, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2008 08:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Classic-Closeouts/internet/Classic-Closeouts-ThirdFreecom-Unauthorized-Charges-Hempstead-New-York-384063. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Classic Closeouts