Complaint Review: Classic Limosines

• Updated: Wed, January 08, 2014

• Reported By: Salon Success Strategies — Roseville California
Classic Limosines
Columbus, Ohio USA

Classic Limosines Classic Limos Beware of a Company that Disrespects and Belittles its Customers! Columbus Ohio

First off, as someone who myself has worked in customer service, I don't particularly like to post terrible reviews of businesses but when customer service is this offensive and distasteful I really have no choice.

I had a hard time finding reviews for any Car Company in Columbus because there weren't very many choices so we chose Classic Limos because they had a few more good reviews than bad reviews...what a mistake that was!

Scheduling was fairly easy and I made sure that the driver who would be picking us up would be able to help with the luggage as we were coming in for a tradeshow and didn’t want to hassle getting the items to a taxi. This was specified to have a baggage cart ready because there would be a suitcase and a pretty big box that had to be handled. The receptionist did not even hint that this would be a problem and after securing that she had a driver, we signed, paid for, and sent over our contract, where I wrote in the notes that we would need to "have a luggage cart ready.”

Fast forward a few weeks later, when we landed in Columbus, the person waiting for her was an 8-month pregnant woman without a luggage cart and obviously unable to help and unprepared. The driver asked a baggage handler at the airport to help, which was not what we asked – we simply needed a $3 baggage cart ready. Everything else about the trip was fine, so we overlooked this mistake and even tipped the driver her.

A few weeks later, we discovered an extra, unexpected charge from Classic Limos- there was no damage to the vehicle and the luggage amount was what was stated so we were sure where this charge generated.  I called the company to inquire about the charge and was met with a man who didn't seem to know, but he said he would have the owner call me back.  The owner never called so I called back a few days later, the same man very arrogantly told me that it was because we had to employ the help of someone from the airport.

The man explained to me, rather rudely that they were not our “baggage monkeys” and did not have to handle our luggage.  Also, he said that we “stiffed” the baggage handler at the airport and they had to pick up our tab.  He also ranted on that “You people are the reason that those guys can’t afford to feed their families,” and other nonsense that didn’t really pertain to our conversation or the situation in general.  All racist and classist undertones aside, these comments were unprovoked and extremely unnecessary-especially when taking into account that we, the “You People” he kept referring to were paying customers of his company.  He then went on to explain that the owner (the pregnant woman, apparently) had taken time out of her busy schedule to drive us.  This struck me as extremely odd, since we did not force this company to take our business and our money.

The owner never did get back to us and I’m not sure why that is.  I do know that I would never, ever even consider using this company again.  We decided to hire a car company versus using a taxi for the very purpose that we wanted help and an extra level of service.  With other car companies, it is a given to have a baggage cart ready and this should have never even been an issue.  Furthermore, if there was going to be a charge this should have been stated at the time, not a surprise charge later and a rude response. Classic Limos did not show us any respect as a customer but instead they belittle and degraded us as well as the baggage handlers of the airport. Beware of this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2014 02:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Classic-Limosines/Columbus-Ohio-43035/Classic-Limosines-Classic-Limos-Beware-of-a-Company-that-Disrespects-and-Belittles-its-Cu-1113962. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Classic Limosines