Gods

• Submitted: Wed, October 29, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 29, 2008

• Reported By:Sonora California
ClassicCloseouts.com
classiccloseouts.com New York, New York U.S.A.

ClassicCloseouts.com, Ccouts.com Fraudulently charged my credit card twice without my permission New York New York

Back in 2003 I purchased an item from Classic Closeouts.com and needed to return it. I called to obtain an RMA number as required and sent it back. After over 2-3 weeks I still hadn't received the refund and when I emailed and/or called them, I never got a response back. I ultimately never received the refund. I just let it go since the refund was for less than $20 and couldn't get a hold of them anyway. I reminded myself to remember to stay from this site.

Fast forward to 2008, July to be exact, I received a charge to the credit card that Classic Closeouts has on file for $79.99. I disputed that charge because I knew I hadn't ordered anything from them since 2003. Then a couple weeks later I believe, I saw a second charge for $69.99. I called to dispute this charge as well. I was issued temporary credits for both bogus charges and on Oct. 8, 2008, received a letter stating the first charge for $79.99 was resolved.

Here it is Oct. 29, 2008 and I receive a letter from my credit card company stating that Classic Closeouts states that the charge for $69.99 is valid. The enclosed information states that I signed up for a frequent shopper club through ThirdFREE.com, a sister company to Classic Closeouts. I have never heard of this site or the frequent shopper club. I never would have authorized a charge for $69.99 for this type of service. They state they will not refund the charge because "the customer specifically physically selected which program they desired to enroll." Bogus! I did no such thing.

Luckily my credit card company is going to look into this matter further and I signed the letter stating that the charge is fraudulent and will return it to my credit card company and hopefully it will be resolved quickly.

STAY AWAY FROM CLASSIC CLOSEOUTS.COM! CANCEL ANY CARDS TIES YOU HAVE WITH THEM.

Shawna
Sonora, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2008 08:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ClassicCloseoutscom/New-York-New-York/ClassicCloseoutscom-Ccoutscom-Fraudulently-charged-my-credit-card-twice-without-my-perm-386207. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ClassicCloseouts.com